|77| ~The First Casualties of War ~

Unedited.
Embry's POV.

Oh, my Goddess! This is unreal, someone please pinch me.

"Ouch!" I yelp as Speck pinches me.

"Don't blame me," she sasses. "You're the one who told me to pinch you whenever your eyes get all dreamy and bubbly looking like OMG! I can practically hear your thoughts right now. Oh, my Goddess! This is all so unreal," she teases while trying her best to make the face that I was just making and Anastasia Vlad burst out in a fit of giggles.

All three of us, just burst out laughing!

"Yeah, I did but you didn't have to really pinch me," I laugh harder, as I desperately try to catch my breath.

"Awe, yeah I did. Your wish is my command, your highness," she says while bowing before me.

"My queen," Anastasia Vlad just has to add in as she bows as well.

"Oh, I'm totally both of your majesties," I joke while doing a royal curtsy and then all three of us burst out laughing even harder, and this time we gain the attention of just about every royal vampire guest in attendants.

Oh, my Goddess! Tonight has been Epic.

Speck, Anastasia, and I have been standing at the far end of the ballroom just about living in our own world ever since the house of Ettore pledged their loyalty to me. Yes! Me. Oh, my Goddess! I still can't believe it but that's beside the point right now. Now, back to what I was saying. Although, the girls and I have been practically living in our own bubble since early on. Gutter Butter and his toy soldiers have also been surrounding us the entire time, downright refusing to allow anyone other than Aunt Katherine and Ghost Falls to burst our personal bubble.

"Where are you going?" ask Anastasia Vlad as soon as Speck steps out of our bubble.

"We're at a ball and I look hot," she speaks the honest to Goddess truth because she does. Speck is looking radiant in her bubblegum pink evening gown and pressed silky black raven hair. "So, I'm going to dance," she tells her as she leads one of Gutter Butter toy soldiers to the dance floor.

Out the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of Gutter Butter's heavenly deep blue eyes turning into a fiery pit of soulless dark red orbs right before he spits out, "Oh, no you don't! That dance belongs to me," and then he chases right behind her and his toy soldier.

Oh, wow!  What the heck did I just miss?

"Unclaimed men and women are all the same," sighs Anastasia Vlad as she grabs two champagne glasses from the passing server and hands me one of them. She then proposes a toast, "Here's to spending the rest of eternity with the men of our dreams," she suggests before we down the drinks quickly.

"Hell, yeah!" says my wolf. "I'll drink to that,"

"So, Embry," Anastasia Vlad begins with her beautiful and thick accent that I now know to be British. "Please tell me that you gave any thought to my proposal about joining Elijah and me on our upcoming journey to Rome. I've already made the appropriate arrangements. We can leave as early as dawn,"

"I would love to," I begin as she loops her arms around my arm and then we begin to stroll throughout the ballroom with the remainder of Gutter Butter toy soldiers following the two of us of course.

"Now before you make any excuses," she says with a single raised eyebrow. "I'll have you know that my Elijah has already sent a letter to your beloved before his departure,"

"Before his departure?"

"Oh, yes! How could I forget to mention the fact that my not so lovely beloved had to abandon me for some bloody got darn summons,"