Part 14

Arnav got up and went out for jogging. When he came back, his eyes were searching for khushi but she wasn't to be seen anywhere. Khushi was in the kitchen. She usually gave arnav his tea when he came back, but today she was so shy to face him that she sent it through hariprakash.

Arnav: hariprakash, khushi kaha hai? (hariprakash, where is khushi?)

Hariprakash: khushi bitiya to kitchen mein hai..bula du?(she is in the kitchen..should I call her)

Arnav: oh no..tum jao (oh no..you go)

A smile crossed arnav's face recalling last night's incident and he said with a smirk: khushi kumari gupta singh raizada..here I come. He went down to the breakfast table. Khushi was still inside the kitchen making jalebis.

To make khushi hear him he said loudly: di di mera breakfast kaha hai? (di di where is my breakfast)

Khushi's heart started racing on hearing his voice.

Anjali: aayi baba.. khushiji aap yeh chhotey ko de dijiye..hum yeh sab leke aatey hai (khushi you give this to him..i will come with the rest of the things)

Khushi: nehi nehi di..aap jaake baithiye hariprakashji jaakey yeh rakh denge. Hum yeh kaam khatam karke aatey hai (no no di..you go and sit..hariprakash will carry these..i will finish the rest of the work)

Arnav is getting impatient again calls out: dii

His actual intentions were to attract khushi's attention. Anjali, payal all came out of the kitchen. Khushi was still hiding inside. Arnav's eyes start searching for her once again.

Payal serve him the food. Finally he unable to control himself asks: di..khushi kaha hai? (di..wwhere is khushi?)

Anjali (teasingly): ooh hoo chhotey unke bina to tumhara ek pal bhi nehi guzartaa (you can't even spend one moment without her)

Arnav: no di..nothing like that..i was just...

Anjali: haan haan chhotey..explain karne ki koi zarurat nehi..khushiji kitchen mein hai jalebi bana rahi hai (you don't have to explain..she is in the kitchen making sweets)

Arnav (smirking): Unbelievable. (he knew the reason very well)

Khushi on the other hand was waiting for arnav to leave for office. She had already made heaps of jalebis and was continuing to do so.

Arnav enters the kitchen, smiles looking at the heaps of jalebis. Khushi at the same time feels a gust of wind blow past, she turns around to see arnav standing. Her cheeks go red immediately.

Arnav looks at her questioningly and says : what? (acting very casual as if nothing had happened).

He then looks at the jalebis and says: pagal ho gayi ho? Itna saari jalebiya kyun banai? And takes few steps towards her. (have you gone crazy? Why did you make so many sweets?)

Khushi gets nervous and says: hum..hum woh (i..i..actually) and by mistake is about to touch the hot vessel, when arnav rushes and holds her hand saying: khushi careful! Damn it! dhyaan kaha reheta hai tumhara? (where is your mind?)

And checks if her hand was alright. Then he looks up at her and sees that she is looking straight into his eyes. They are lost in each other's eyes. Rabba ve.....

Anjali walks in with payal and sees them looking at each other and the heaps of jalebis and says: hey bhagwan!! Itni saari jalebiyan...khushiji saari delhi ko khilane ka iraada hai kya. (oh god..so many sweets...khushi do you want to feed entire delhi?)

Both came out of the trance at at anjali's voice. Khushi didn't know what to say.

Arnav said: di main office raha hoon. (di..i am going to office)

He looked at khushi and winked at her mischievously. She was so startled that her eyes almost popped out. She moved her hand and the plate full of jalebis fell to the ground creating a mess.

Arnav smiled to himself and said: pagal! (mad)

That evening arnav came back and announced that he would be off to goa for day or two on a business trip. He said this and went to his room. Khushi had a fallen face hearing that arnav would be away for two days. Anjali noticed this. She smiled and sat beside khushi holding her hand.

Anjali: khushiji aap bikul bhi udaas mat hoiye. Humarey paas ek idea hai and she whispers something into khushi's ears. (khushi..please don't be sad. I have an idea)

Khushi has a broad smile hearing that and says:sach di? (really?) and hugged her.

Anjali nods her head and says: bilkul. (yes)

Khushi runs to her room. Arnav was in the washroom then. He comes out and sees khushi putting her clothes in a bag.

Arnav: khushi, tum yeh kya kar rahi ho? (khushi, what are you doing?)

Khushi: waves her hand infront of his eyes and says: yeh kitne ungli hai bataiye? (how many fingers are there?)

Arnav: what??

Khushi: what nehi what the....bataiye na... (not what say what the...say na)

Arnav: (extremely confused): five Khushi: lakh lakh shukar rahe devi maaiya ka ki aapki aankhein thik hai (thank god your eyes are ok)

Arnav: what the...pagal ho gayi ho? (have you gone crazy)

Khushi: bachpan se. (since childhood)

Arnav: unbelievable!

Khushi: to hum kya karein aapke samne hum saman bandh rahe hai lekin aapko dikhayi nehi deta (so what do I do..i am packing right in front of our eyes..but you can't see)

Arnav: but why?

Khushi : goa jaaney ke liye (for goa trip)

Arnav: goa?

And picks up her salwar suit from the bag and says: main yeh pehenunga? (will I wear this?)

Khushi: waise aap chahey to pehen saktey hai..hum mana nehi karenge lekin arnav singh raizada hamarey gotey wale kapdo mein ...achha nehi lagega na (if you want you can wear..i will not say no..but arnav singh raizada won't look good in my clothes)

Arnav: funny!

Khushi: mazak to aap kar rahe hai...agar hum apne kapde rakh rahe hai to zahir si baat hai ki hum aapke sath jaa rahe hai (you are being funny..if I am packing my clothes then it is obvious that I am coming with you)

Arnav: kya?? Tum? (what? You?)

Khushi: haan hum...di ne humse kaha jaaney ke liye. (yes..di asked me to go)

Arnav (with gritted teeth): yeh di bhi na... what is wrong with her...look khushi main waha business deal ke liye jaa raha hoon jo bohot hi important hai...koi picnic pe nehi...so please yeh sab mazak bandh karo. Mujhe bohot kaam hai...I need to prepare for the deal so please abhi disturb mat karo. (he said this quite rudely). (what is wrong with di..see I am going for a business deal which is very important not for any picnic..so please don't joke. I have lots of work.i need to prepare for the deal so please don't disturb)

Khushi gets extremely hurt at this. As she was not expecting arnav to react like this. She slowly took out her clothes from the bag and put it back in the cupboard.

Arnav by now had calmed down a little. He walks towards khushi holds her hand and says: look..khushi...i..

Khushi looks up at him with tear filled eyes, moves his hand away and walks out of the room

Till Death Do Us Partजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें