eight !

chapter eight
stiles

"and i was sweating like crazy, and i couldn't breathe." kida heard scott mutter to stiles, a sudden feeling of disgust washing over her. she fell into step with the two boys, making her presence known to them. "please tell me you aren't telling stiles about one of your wet dreams." scott shook his head, lifting a hand to smack the back of her head and turning back to stiles. "i've never had a dream where i've woken up like that before." stiles and kida shared a look, one that held a sense of amusement in it.

"really? i have. usually ends a little differently." kida thought it was slightly strange that stiles could say something like that with the most innocent look on his face, but couldn't help but wonder who he had sex dreams about. "me too. milo complains about having to wash my sheets." she gave scott a cheeky grin, raising her eyebrows in a teasing manner at the brunette boy. stiles slyly high fived the girl, chuckling at her openness with the boys. "a, i meant i've never had a dream that real-" scott paused for a moment, looking at his friends in disgust, "-and b, never give me that much detail about you two in bed again."

stiles smirked while kida scoffed, laughing as they turned a corner in the hallway. "notes. let me take a guess here though-" before stiles could finish his sentence, he was cut off by scott, who was seemingly eager to speak. "i know. you think it has something to do with me going out with allison tomorrow." kida kept her mouth shut about this one, not wanting to stir up any trouble within their trio. "like i'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out." kida hoped that scott wouldn't rip her throat out, allison was cute and had a seriously good taste in style, she thought they would be great friends.

"no, of course not." scott gave stiles a pointed look, raising his eyes at stiles' unconvincing attempt to deny scott's claims. "yeah, that's totally it." kida rolled her eyes, slapping the boy's chest and glaring at him. she pushed her way between the two boys, resting a hand on scott's shoulder gently. "it's gonna be fine, scotty. you're handling this great." stiles agreed with her, nodding along with what she was saying. "it's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take." kida let out a few snorts at that joke, and although it wasn't actually that funny, the amount of coffee she had drank that morning had sent her to the moon.

"not a class. but maybe a teacher." stiles and kida stopped in their tracks at what scott said, looking to each other and nodding before going off on him. "who, derek?" stiles lifted a hand to slap the back of scott's head harshly, the teen wolf moving to rub the now sore spot. kida rolled her eyes, hitting the back of his head too and carrying on walking. "you forgot the part where we got him tossed in jail right?" kida tuned out the rest of the conversation, seeing something through the doors that caught her eye. she sped up, the boys quickly following after her as she gasped at the sight she saw.

"holy shit." in front of them was a school bus, one with the back doors ripped and bent, with blood staining the inside and the out. maybe scott's dream was real. there were police everywhere, and kida prayed that it wasn't scott who'd done this. she couldn't have a murdering teenage werewolf as a best friend. "it could just be a coincidence, alright?" kida was struggling to keep up with the boys, her lacrosse stuff in her bag weighing her down. the three of them patrolled the hallways to look for allison, scott believing that he really did kill the girl.

stiles and kida shared a look, one of despair at the harsh reality they were facing. they heard the tannoy go off in the halls, telling students that classes would stay the same as usual, and the bell rang for them to leave. "stiles, what's gonna happen if scott did kill allison?" stiles just wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his chest and sighing in content. "we'll be okay, kie."