~16~

Been long you saw me, them say everybody looking for me 💃💃💃💃💃     

It's actually my birthday 💃💃 so say a dua for me     

                               ~Adam~

I entered the house to meet an eerily quiet space. It was so quiet that I could only hear the sound of my faint heartbeat.

"Mom"

I called out, my voice a little bit frantic but I was only answered by the echo of my own voice, vibrating through the entire lenght and breath of the house.

It sounded hollow. Even to my ears.

Frantically, I started climbing the stairs. The sound of my feet on the stairs and my heartbeat moving together in a sync, in a painful sync, in this sort of way that was threatening to have my heart removed from my chest.

But even all that did not prepare me for the sight I saw when I entered my parent's room. I stared at the sight before me and a gasp excaped my lips before I could even it.

Dad turned back at the sound of an intruder and my scared eyes met his bloodshot and almost fearful one.

I looked away from his face to mom that was lying on the cold floor. Blood was trailing from the back of her head and it has now soaked the red rug, the colours matching but her blood on it had made it 50 shades darker.

I did not need to move closer to her to know that her body was lifeless.

That she was lifeless.

I screamed.

                              *********

I woke up with a start, my breaths coming out unevenly. I felt hot all over and the obvious sweat dripping from my forehead and armpits even though the AC was turned  and the air coming in through the half opened window was chilly.

I was a bit startled at first because the room looked unfamiliar.

This isn't my room.

It took me a while to figure out where I was.

I was in my Aunty's place. Because Mom had a relapse.

Because Mom had a relapse.

I've said that over and over to myself. It was as if repeating that to myself would make me believe it.

But it was far from being the truth though and no matter how much I whispered it to myself, I couldn't believe it.

I couldn't bring myself to believe it.

I knew exactly what had happened.

What dad had done to mom.

It wasn't the first time something like this would happen.

And every time, dad would lie that mom had a relapse and I'd have to come and stay with Aunty Shade.

Someone knocked on my door and before I could even blink, the door opened and my cousin entered with the ever sheepish smile on his face.

"Hey coz." He drawled as he sat down on my bed. "You look like you just had an erotic dream. Care to tell me about it? I'm sure one of the girls there must be your very hot friend. Sophia. Even her name self is too sexy. Sophia."