*Dinner With A Jedi*

"BOOM!" Azaylia jumped when Anakin's hand smacked the table. She hadn't heard the topic of conversation, she was so deep in thought.

"How rude!" exclaimed Jar Jar. Azaylia glared at Anakin for scaring her.

"Sorry Zayli. I didn't mean to scare you." He said with a look of guilt.

"It's alright." She mumbled and picked at her food with her fork. Her appetite wasn't too big at the moment.

Azaylia decided to tune into the conversation to prevent from getting startled again.
"I can't believe there's still slavery in the galaxy..." Padmè says sadly. "The Republic's anti-slavery laws-"

"The Republic doesn't exist out here Padmè..." Azaylia interrupted, flinching at the hardness of her voice.

"We must survive on our own." Shmi said, a lot softer than Azaylia. Jar Jar suddenly grabbed a fruit with his tongue making Azaylia jump again.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly at the young woman who let out a huff.

"Has anybody ever seen a Podrace?" Anakin asked, hoping to get Azaylia out her mood by changing the subject.

"They have podracing on Malastare. Very fast. Very dangerous." Qui Gon said as he popped a berry into his mouth.

"I'm the only human that can do it!" Anakin bragged, tossing his head.

Azaylia hit his shoulder. "Hey! What about me? I can do it too!"

Anakin backtracked, "Oh yeah, Zayli can do it too."

"You both must have Jedi reflexes if you race pods." Qui Gon stated, looking thoughtfully at the pair.

Jar Jar tried to take another fruit with his tongue but Qui Gon stopped him by gripping his long tongue.

"Don't do that again." He glared. Jar Jar blubbered before Qui Gon let go of his tongue.

Anakin narrows his eyes at Qui Gon,"You're a Jedi Knight...aren't you?" He asked, but it sounded more like a statement than an actual question.

"What makes you think that?" Qui Gon smiled, trying to confuse him.

Anakin was not one to be easily distracted, "I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon. It kinda looks like what Zayli has!" He exclaimed. Azaylia widened her eyes in alarm.

"Ani, I don't have a lightsaber." She lied, eyes darting to Qui-Gon to see if he could detect her lie.

"Yes you do." Anakin reached down and yanked the lightsaber off of her belt. "It's right here!" He waved it in the air, happily.

"Anakin! Give that back!" Azaylia quickly grabbed it out of his hand and placed it back on her belt. It was too late, however. Qui-Gon had seen it.

"May I ask where you got that lightsaber from?" The Jedi Master asked her, tilting his head slightly.

Azaylia paused wracking her brain for another lie. She finally spoke, willing her voice to keep steady,"A Jedi dropped it and I found it and picked it up."

"Why didn't you try to give it back?" He interrogated, pushing further.

"Well...I walked around for a little while looking for the Jedi. But the Jedi was nowhere to be seen. I kept it so it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands..." Azaylia finished, picking up her fork again.

Qui Gon didn't question her further which calmed Azaylia down. He started talking to Anakin again.
"Well, perhaps I killed a Jedi and took it from him."