Paul - unfortunate accident

request: Paul accidentally gets hurt on set and Ian takes care of him

Paul and Nina were filming a scene on the set of the Salvatore boarding house. They were filming in the library and Nina was supposed to just look around as Paul entered the room. Ian was hanging out with the rest of the crew behind the camera, just watching the two actors. None of the crew members were very focused after the long day and nobody noticed Paul slipping and falling before they heard the roar of pain. They cut and Ian was the first to rush to Paul, followed by the crew. Nina was totally shocked as Ian kneeled in front of Paul, who was clutching his arm and shook in pain.

"Let me see. Let me see," Ian said reaching his hands out for Paul's arm, but Paul showed him no trust whatsoever. He just shook his head, biting his lips and groaning in pain.

"Paul. Look at me." Ian demanded and Paul opened his eyes, letting a few tears fall.

"I know what I'm doing," Ian said. "Let me help you."

Paul then hesitantly removed his hand from his arm and Ian gently ran his fingers along his arm.

"So it's the forearm, right? not the wrist?"

"No, it's the forearm." Paul replied.

Ian nodded and the asked Paul to move his fingers, which Paul simply couldn't do.

"Alright." Ian said. "We're going to the ER."

He quickly got the car ready. Brought snacks and blankets and then helped Paul buckle up so he wouldn't have to move his arm. Then they drove to the nearest hospital and waited in the waiting room of the ER.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Ian asked. Paul shrugged a little and winced.

"A little dizzy but that might be from the pain."

Ian nodded and went to fetch some water for Paul who thanked him gratefully. It took a few hours for the doctor to call out Paul's name, and by then he was asleep on Ian's shoulder. Ian gently shook Paul awake and told him that the doctor was ready for him. The doctor asked them some questions and gently felt Paul's arm before telling them to go for an x-ray. So Paul and Ian walked down the hall to the x-ray-room and Paul got his pictures taken. When they arrived back to the exam room, the doctor brought them the news that Paul had gotten a fracture and needed to wear a cast for the next four weeks and then have two months of recovery, meaning that he would be off work for at least four weeks.

Paul was beyond frustrated but Ian cheered him up with hugs and bro-dates and he was also the first person to sign Paul's cast.