Omashu

'i can't believe it. i know the war has spread far, but omashu always seemed...untouchable.' said aang, sadly.

'up until now, it was. now ba sing se is the only great earth kingdom stronghold left.' said sokka.

'this is horrible, but we have to move on.' pleaded katara.

aang said, firmly, 'no. i'm going in to find bumi.'

'aang, stop. we don't even know if bumi's still...' began sokka

but aang turned to him, angry.

'what? if he's still what?'

'...around.'

there was a silence.

'i know you had your heart set on bumi, but there are other people around who can teach you earthbending.' said katara.

'this isn't about finding a teacher. this is about finding my friend.' he said.

we flew appa down into the city's moat.

'a secret passage?' asked sokka when we stopped in front of a drain pipe, 'why didn't we just use this last time?'

aang finally managed to open the pipe and sewage spewed out.

'does that answer your question?'

we jumped inside and aang lead the way, leaving time for us to follow.

i used airbending to shield myself from the sewage and we came out through a manhole in the street.

'that wasn't as bad as i thought.' smiled katara.

but sokka obviously thought different.

he came out of the manhole - covered in sewage.

katara threw water on him and aang airbended him dry.

'AAAAH' yelled sokka, trying to pull some purple pentapi off his face.

'stop making so much noise. it's just a purple pentapus.' whispered aang, taking them off his face with ease.

'hey!' shouted a guard and me and aang quickly put hats on, 'what are you kids doing out past curfew?'

'sorry. we were just on our way home.' i said, bowing.

we turned to walk away but the guard stopped us.

'wait! what's the matter with him?' one of them said, pointing at sokka.

katara put her hands on his shoulders, 'h...he has pentapox, sir. um...it's highly contagious!'

sokka began to "act" ill, 'uuuuuu....it's so awful...i'm dyiiiing...'

'...and deadly...' said katara

'wait, i think i've heard of pentapox.' said a guard to another, 'didn't your cousin chang die of it?'

sokka walked towards them, coughing.

'we'd better go wash our hands... and burn our clothes!' shouted one of the guards as they ran away.

'thank you, sewer friend!' smiled aang, letting the pentapus go.

we walked through the streets, trying not to get caught.

'let's find bumi and get out of here.' said katara, looking around.

'where would they be keeping him?' asked sokka

'somewhere he can't earthbend. somewhere made of metal.' aang replied.

we walked by the mail system just in time to stop some rocks from falling on some firebenders.