24. THE PARTY

"Mom, where is Ragini?" Sanskar enquired to Sujatha after a thorough search in his home.

"Chori has gone to temple, Sanskar. She was very disturbed and quiet today." Sujatha told with a glint of worry.

The slightest chance when they could exchange some words has also gone. Sanskar sighed in defeat, glanced upwards and mouthed his disappointment to God.

***

"You could have avoided going to temple today. Look, now guests have started arriving." Sanskar complained making sure his facial expressions remains light.

"I was feeling very uneasy." Ragini sighed while she adjusted his coat. She was in a trance, her mind reeling the ways in which she could share everything to him.

"Ragz..." Sanskar's words trailed off.

"After party; promise." Ragini looked straight into his eyes. Her lips curved up in reflection to him.

"Are you wearing this to party?" Sanskar scrunched his nose making Ragini check herself. "You're the Malkin, Mrs. Ragini Sanskar Maheswari!"

Ragini raised her eyebrows. An infectious smile spread over again. How could someone not react to her Mr.Cute?

"This would be perfect!" Sanskar said handing over an orange coloured lehenga to her with a grin. "I purchased it during my last visit to Pune." He scratched his head and ran to the party hall leaving behind a slightly blushing Ragini.

***

"Waiting for someone?" Laksh tapped Sanskar's shoulder to which he rolled his eyes. "Don't you realize bhai, that you started rolling eyes more often?" Laksh folded his hands to his chest.

"Situation demands!" Sanskar replied as his focus went to the young man helping the waiters. The man, who joined this morning as house help, was Mohan Kaka's acquaintance.

"It's tough to be husband, no?" Laksh sighed as he glanced upwards.

"Arre yaar, why do these ladies take this much time?" Sanskar whined.

"Patience brothers, patience!" Adarsh joined the duo. "Don't worry. You will learn a lot from experiences."

"What is there for you to have patience? Bhabhi is here already; she is silent, loving. What else do you want? Hum bechare!" Laksh countered.

"Bechare!! Are we some kind of man-eating witch?" Swara exclaimed. "There is a limit for everything Laksh." Her stern voice made the gents anxious. "How could you? I mean how could you say such a lie that you're 'bechara'?" She smacked his hands.

"Ahhh..... Looking beautiful, wifey." Laksh whispered making Swara blush.

"And we are Gandhiji's monkeys." Sanskar covered his eyes with one palm and mouth with another.

"Offo, Sanky! Stop being dramatic." Swara chuckled shyly. "Where is Ragu? She should have come by now."

"That duffer is there; Uttara. She was whining that her Ragini bhabhi should help her, it seems, as if it is her marriage!" Sanskar and Laksh rolled their eyes.

"Haan.. haan... I should hear this!" Uttara had hands on her hip while Laksh and Sanskar shut their eyes. 'Wrong timing!'

"I got ready early, okay. Your stupid lehenga was disturbing bhabhi. Yaar bhai, can't you get her some light and fit one? She had to adjust it by stitching. Poor bhabi!"

"Lehenga and all huh!?" Swara teased Sanskar. "Wah, Ragini will be the centre of attraction today."

"For that she should come down, na? And this music! Uttu, go and reduce the volume." Sanskar said irritating. "Shall I go and check Ragz once?" He heaved a sigh.

"Come on Bhai. You should taste the sweetness of patience. Don't be desperate." Laksh snaked his arms through Sanskar's shoulder.

"That's right." Sanskar agreed.

Sanskar continued to steal glances upwards and slowly drifted to the playful bickering among the group.

"Bhai, I'll check on her." Uttara chirped and ran upwards.

A minute passed by and Swara felt some liquid falling on her shoulder. Wiping it casually she brought her fingers to her eye sight as her eyes widened and hands trembled. BLOOD!

"Laksh!" A low scream escaped her throat making the four look upwards. Droplets of blood were dripping from upstairs.

'Uttara' The image of their little sister running upwards flashed across as they made quick rush strides.

As they approached the spot, Uttara was sitting, as if life was drained out of her, blood flowing beneath her; her face tear-stricken and body numb.

"Uttara" Sanskar called her out bringing her out of the trance. She looked at him and pointed her fingers, shivering.

A few steps away someone was lying; the source of blood. The dim light obstructed everyone's sight, compelling them to lessen the distance. As Sanskar, Laksh and Swara stepped a little closer, Sanskar froze.

ORANGE LEHENGA!

__________________________________

Hey, friends. Thanks a lot for the read, votes and comments on last chapter. 

@lucky_lakshmi @chandrasejar @swaragini_fan @Silent-writerr @Jaanuafri @frndsfrevr & a lot others - Thanks a lot guys for being a constant support.

So here is a small update. I'm just trying to make myself regular :D

Do support this one also.

Also, you can point out the shortcomings, your views and criticize. Mentioning once again, your comments make me happier than votes.

I'll try to update tomorrow.

Stay Safe and Happy!

Lots of love

Sameera :)