epilogue

Namjoon was placed on his kitchen floor tiles, alcohol wetting his lips, dripping down his chin. A week of not shaving or bathing was apparent due to his matted hair shining in the dull light and his stubble showing through.

Bottles surrounded him in miscellaneous angles, these non-animated objects were the only thing keeping him company with his son and guardian angel leaving him.

He had hope when Seokjin came to him, but after he left things only got worse, he was left alone with his mind once more.

A rumble erupted from the floorboards, it was a truck passing by Namjoon assumed as he took another swig of his soju, but when brilliant light shined through his windows, too bright to be just headlights, that when his heart began to race.

He looked around with confusion written on his face, he yelped when a figure stood before him, but when the person stepped forward into the dim lighting, Namjoon didn't know if he should cry or dance.

It was Jimin, but there's was something new about him. He held this powerful aura and his inner being seemed ethereal almost, emitting an invisible glow.

Jungkook stood behind him in the shadows, watching the scene unfold, but Namjoon did not care. He wrapped his arms around his boy and both of them began to weep while smiling.

"I've missed you," Namjoon confessed, tightening his grasp in a desperate attempt to keep Jimin close to him forever.

"I've missed you too, appa. . ."

the end