Chapter 1 New Beginnings

(Y/N) = Your Name
(L/N) = Last Name

The sound of rain was heavy, loud even. It drowned out any other noises around as it fell against the window, having your complete attention. Though perhaps, staring at it and focusing on the drops of water, was your way of trying to remove yourself from the conversation at hand.

Lightening flashed lightening up the room briefly, you turned away quickly in fear. Swallowing back a yelp, that almost escaped you, over the thunder that soon followed after. Your body shook in its anxieties unable to stop itself. It reminded you of that night. That night.  You were quick to wrap your arms around yourself in a weak attempt for comfort shuddering at the memories that plagued your mind.

"Thunder scares you?" The person before you smiled tightly capturing your attention, bringing you back to reality. Your eyes glanced around the room familiarizing yourself with the stale comfort this office had to offer.
"It is a bad storm today huh?"

The person looked towards the window at the thought tapping their pen thoughtfully nodding their head. Like they were confirming it themselves rather than wait for a response. Though that didn't matter. You didn't want to say anything, now staring at the floor.

A sigh fell from them, and soon they pushed themselves to lean forward clasping their hands together in a prayer position. Sympathy lingered in their intense gaze upon you.

Stop looking at me like that.

You gasped inside your mind refusing to meet their eyes.

You weren't there like I was.

"You know if I'm going to help you (Y/N) you've got to talk to me." They offered a more relaxed smile. You looked up towards them unable to stop the glare.
"I know I wasn't there, but Im here to listen to you. Why don't you tell me what happened from your perspective? Could you tell me that at least? What happened? Say we start from the beginning. Make things easier for you."

You wanted to scoff at the idea of recounting again to someone else about what happened. But you knew better than to fight this. This was to help you. You have to cooperate, otherwise you'll never be the same again.

"The beginning?" You finally found your words. Repeating the therapists suggestion cautiously. 

"Yes. The beginning." The therapist smiled a little more, seemingly happy to finally have an answer from you. (You can't blame them you've been quite so far unwilling to converse.)

"Okay, the beginning..." you swallowed thickly fighting back tears, "ab-about 6 months ago a dinosaur almost killed me and the people I love."
           ________________________
6 Months ago...

Life was just as you'd expect it. Pretty much perfect. It almost felt as though everything was neatly falling into place. Well, everything except this moment. Your eyes followed the woman in the room as she paced. Irritated beyond belief over something you didn't think was that big of a deal. (You constantly had to keep resisting the urge to roll your eyes at her antics. She's being a little melodramatic today.)

"Claire, I'm sure you're exaggerating." You crossed your legs from where you sat leaning back comfortably observing the way she stomped back and forth.  She looked like a Lion prowling the cage looking for a break in the enclosure to escape. And your words only seemed irritated her more. She turned her head quickly meeting your gaze, gasping in offense.

"Are you serious?!" She stomped over to you now.
"You should have seen him! Ugh!"

Claire took a seat beside you shaking her head hastily. Arms crossed tightly over her chest she pierced her lips.