Chapter Four

Sophia's point of view

After school, Ellie and I said goodbye promising to talk more later tonight. I had brought my scooter to ride home with Mia and Lilly. ''And I'm on the verge of becoming a nutcase and my parents think I need an attitude adjustment,'' Lilly rants to us as we cross the street while riding the scooters. ''Woah, woah,'' Mia says as she tries to keep herself from crashing.

''Yeah so, my dad wants to take me out to dinner tonight. Just the two of us, we ran out things to talk about when I was eight,'' Lilly tells us. ''Well at least your father is still alive,'' Mia tells her making me look down to the ground. Lilly stops and looks at us. ''Hey, I thought you two were moving past that? It's been what two months since he died?'' She asks us. ''We know, but after all he was our dad,'' I tell her.

''Biologically yes but you never met the guy and Sophie you barely remember him. He just sent you a nice card and gift on your guys birthday,'' Lilly tells us. ''Well they were really nice and thoughtful gifts,'' Mia tells her best friend. ''It was something, at least he didn't forget about us completely,'' I defend him. ''Remember that Faberge merry-go-round that he got me?'' Mia asks her. ''And he paid for both our school tuitions,'' I remind her.

''Yeah, I guess so,'' Lilly nods. ''Hey Lilly, Soph and I have got to run. We are meeting up with your brother at the mechanics to talk about my baby,'' Mia tells her as both sisters speed up. ''Okay but let's take the Limo tomorrow. These hills are killing me,'' Lilly calls out to us. ''Amen,'' I yell back at her.

At the mechanics.

Mia and I arrive at the workshop and ride in and park our scooters near where the band was playing. Well Mia smiles at the band she turns around and walks over to where her car was sitting where is I just look around. ''Now what brings you here?'' I hear a voice ask form behind me. I jump in fright before turning around and letting out a sigh of relief when I saw it was only Ryan.

''Mia is checking up on her car and I decided to come with her,'' I tell him. ''Since when did you get your old job back?'' I ask him. As the band finishes their song. ''Last week. I'm trying to pick up where things left off when I left for London,'' he tells me. I smile at him and nod my head awkwardly. ''And that means trying to patch things back up with us,'' he tells me taking my hand into his.

I laugh at him awkwardly. ''Yeah, well my life has gotten more complicated during this week. In ways that I can't tell you due to it being a family matter,'' I tell him. He just looks me in the eyes. ''Well I'm willing to take my chances and whatever that complication is just know that I will support you all the way,'' he says. ''So, if you need someone to talk to you can always talk to me,'' he tells me. I smile at him and was about to say something when there was the sound of a horn blaring. I turn around and see Mia leaning over her car looking at Doc in shock.

I look at Ryan before gesturing to Mia. ''I should go and see what that is about,'' I tell him. He nods his head smiling at me. I smile back at him before turning around and walking over to Mia aware he was watching me walk away.

''I could do some labour for free,'' Mike tells Doc when I approached them. ''What did I miss?'' I ask coming to stand next to Mike. ''Four hundred dollars is what you missed,'' Mia sighs before looking at Mike and smiling softly at him. ''it's okay you don't have to do that. I will talk to our Grandmother about it,'' Mia tells him before she and I say goodbye to Mike and Doc.

As we were leaving, I turn to look at Ryan. ''I will call you latter,'' I tell him. He nods his head looking at me. ''I'll be waiting,'' he tells me. I nod at him before turning to Mia and together she and I left the Auto Repair Shop.

The Genovian Consulate.

Mia was walking around the entrance area looking around while I was leaning against the wall reading. I look up however when I heard something snap. I chuckle to myself as Mia looks around and panics before placing the broken piece of the finger in the statues mouth and turning to face me.