Chapter 16

Alex took the man's collar and the man tried to say, "Sir, I think you've mistaken, we're not-"

"What's going on here?" Mr. King asked.

The other three boys were here now and trying to stop Alex from ripping the man apart.

"These two are following Talia." Alex snapped.

"Sir, we're not trying to harm Ms. Vanderbilt." One of them spoke up.

"Then why are you following her?" Alex yelled.

The two-man looked at each other nervously and replied, "We're told not to tell anyone."

"Who told you," Alex asked.

"Mr. Vanderbilt." They replied.

Wait, what? I'm so confused right now. Before I had a chance to say anything Mr. King cut me off.

"Guys let's take this outside. We're causing a scene here."

When we were all outside, the two men contacted my father and we were all waiting for them to show up. Alex however, was still arguing with the man, fuming at how they were so disrespectful.

After a while, a black car pulled up in the driveway and my brothers came out. They shook hands with Mr. King and started talking. Soon later, Mr. King went back inside.

"Tristan, you better explain to me what's going on," Alex says to my brother.

"Well, I guess it's too late to keep it a secret now...Talia, meet Jackson and Drake. Your new bodyguards." Tristen says.

"What? Why? They're going to follow me everywhere." I whined.

"Since the day where you recklessly ran away discarding your safety. We thought it was our duty to always think about your safety. However, they will only look after you from afar. It's like they're not even there." Aiden says.

"I would have to deal with you two for blowing your cover. I know it's your first day off from training but this, this is reckless." Tristen scolded my new bodyguards with a straight look. 

Before I can say anything, Tristan took ahold of my hand and said, "Thank you for having her tonight. Sorry about the commotion but we'll be taking her home now."

"Stay safe Talia." I heard Alex says before I was put in the back seat of the car.

Tristen drove off to our house with an SUV following us close by from behind. The drive back was very awkward. No one really knew what to say.

What we stopped in the driveway of my house, Aiden came to the backside and unlocked the door. He then dragged me out and took me to their office with Tristen behind us. Father was already inside.

"Talia. I see you've met Jackson and Drake." My father says with the two bodyguards next to him.

"But Dad, I don't need it, I have survived for 16 years, isn't that enough proof," I complained.

"I know sweetie but trust me on this one okay? I can't bare to lose you," he says while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, "Please?"

A good minute passed between us but I had to call defeat.

"Okay fine." I sighed because I know I'll never win an argument with my father.

"Thank you, princess. I promise they won't bother you at all. Now go hug the boys. They look gloomy as hell." Father smirked.

I turned around and went over to the boys. I gave them both kissed on the cheeks and hugged them.

"Now, it's quite late, isn't it. Talia, it's time for your bedtime." Father says behind me.

"Goodnight daddy, Aiden, Tristen," I say behind heading out.

I hear a chorus of good nights and two footsteps following me. Oh well, might as well get used to it.