Birthday (Speical Event)

Carrying the stack of five books over to the bookshelves. "Here you go, Misako."

"Thank you."

Misako asked me early this morning to help her at the Museum. She said someone came in here at night and tore the place apart. They must have been looking for something. This place is all torn up, especially the library part of this museum.

"Do you have any plan after today?" she asks placing the next book on the shelf.

"Nothing today. I was just going to hang out with the ninja for the night. Maybe play video games," I say.

I would rather sit there alone and eat a cake made by Zane. Or have a birthday party with the ninja at a restaurant.

I've never celebrated my birthday. Aria and Eli never threw me a party, gave me a gift, or even let me try birthday cake.

I remember the first birthday cake I had was given on the street. Walking by a bakery, someone was giving samples. As hungry as I was, that sounded amazing. That birthday cake was the best thing I ever had in my life, until f/f.

Misako knows my birthday is today too. Just she has never done anything for me. Not even today just is having me help here.

I don't mind, I like being around Misako. She as told me so much about the history of Ninjago and elemental masters. I'd love to learn more about all of them.

"Sounds like fun. Whenever I ask Lloyd what you guys are doing, he always says video games or training," she comments. "Do you guys not go out?"

My version of 'go out', is a date. But I know what she is talking about. "Not really. We only go once in a while. Usually stay home, cook, eat, train, and play."

"Well, they are your closest friends."

"Yeah, I live with the five crazy boys, the only other female, and a wise old man. Sounds crazy, but they are amazing."

"They really are."

We finished up cleaning the museum for the day. It was a little past midday, so that took up a lot of time. On top of that, she has an hour for lunch.

The phone from her office began to ring. "I'm sorry, let me take that before-"

"It's okay, you can go," I tell her sitting down on the bench.

Misako smiles before running off to the office.

Sitting on the bench I swung my feet to keep me entertained. I couldn't really think of anything to think of. Training. No. Video games. No. History. No. Lloyd. No- well maybe.

"Are you ready?"

Walking up to the door of my home, I push the door up looking inside.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I jump back at the surprise. All of the ninja, Nya, and What were standing there smiling at me. Ribbons, balloons, presents, and cake were all through the room. The birthday everyone has.

Smiling brightly at the ninja. I was so happy. I was finally getting that birthday party I wanted.

Warm tear slipping down my cheek. I rub it away. "Do you not like it? We can change it. Just-"

"It's amazing. Just never thought I'd ever had one," I admit wiping under my eyes.

"I had to get you out of the house for them to plan this," Misako says beside me.

"You were part of this?"

"Of course."

Giving Misako a quick hug I thank her. The only reason they would have known it's my birthday is through her.