|•| 1 |•|

Chapter 1

Izuku Midoryia sat on his bed quietly as he stared at his bare arm. He could see the faint scarring of his past- Bullying, battles, a yellowy-brown fading bruise was barely visible. Izuku was determined to see what he wanted to see. To see his soulmates words become visible on his arm, to appear so he could feel normal. He knew that he was a late bloomer, that for some reason he was one of the rare Soulmates to have their bond delayed until he met them, It was the stated obvious by several doctors he had visited when he hadn't gotten any words on his arm for an entire year after turning 15. He was now 16, and not a day went by that he wasn't dreaming of finding his soulmate.

"Izuku!" Inko Midoryia, Izuku's mother yelled from the kitchen. Izuku suddenly felt himself reconnect to reality as the sweet smell of pancakes and bacon filled his senses. He quickly got up from his position and slipped on a dark green hoodie over his head before rushing down the hall to his mother, who had just put their breakfast down onto the table. Inko looked up and gave a warm smile to her son before gesturing to sit down as he sat on her chair. "Morning mom." Izuku let out a content yawn as he quickly dug into his breakfast. "Gosh, slow down Izuku! You act as if I never feed you." Inko chuckled as she began to eat too. "Tomorrow you move into the schools new dorms. Make sure you pack everything today, honey." Inko spoke before sipping her orange juice. "I will. I'll be meeting up with everyone infront of the dormitories." Izuku explained as they finished their meal.

The rest of the day went by quickly for Izuku. He had packed his belongings and of course his All Might things, along with precooked meals from his mother so she would stop worrying about his eating. He and his mother had their dinner together before Izuku retired to his room boredly. He pulled up his hoodie sleeve to reveal his 'Soularm' (A/N: The written words appear on their arms, so therefore most people call them Soularms) and sadly gave out a sigh of slight frustration. No words. No pictures. Not even an accidental dot or something - pure blankness. Izuku looked up at the ceiling as he flopped onto his back on his bed. "Maybe i'm soulmateless. That or.." Izuku let one single tear fall before sitting up, running his hand through his tangled hair sighing. "I just have to be patient."

Izuku woke up to the sun shining in his eyes and the beeping horns of two idiots raging at eachother down the street. He let out a tired groan before turning his back to the sun, looking at his phone for the time. 8:47 It had read. He sat up and stretched, letting out a yawn. Izuku checked his Soularm for any writing but couldnt find any.

~• Time skip to the day after they moved into the dorms, they at school - everything went by exactly as it did in cannon •~

Izuku tiredly looked out the window and gazed upon the school field. Today they were doing an assessment. A quiet assessment. The only thing anyone could hear were pens scraping against paper or Iida's leg bouncing under his desk. He then turned back to his papers infront of him and sighed slightly, picking up his pen and beginning to work once more. It was only a few minutes later when he noticed something on his arm - or rather, his Soularm. It contained of little doodles with explosions, along with the words 'boom' and 'pow'. Izuku could barely keep his happiness within him as he watched doodle appear after doodle, amused by how bored his soulmate seemed. Izuku tilted his head a little, though, as suddenly it had stopped. Then three words were written with care on his arm by his soulmate.

'Is Anyone There?'

Izuku stared at the three words as his breath hitched in his throat, his face turning instant red as he suddenly looked up around the room, his eyes landing on Bakugo - and sure enough his entire form was haunched over, holding his Soularm out of sight. Izuku snapped his neck down at his arm as he scribbled a quick reply, disguising his handwriting as best he could. He was in the middle of writing a simple 'Hello Kacchan', but stopped as soon as he wrote K. Would he reject me? His eyes then went to a sudden conversation being written on his wrist.

'Hello.'

'So I do have a soulmate! Baka, who're you?'

'I am sorry for not trying to write on my Soularm. I didn't think I had one in the first place.'

Izuku watched the conversation with confusion. Why is Kacchan talking to himself? He closely watched the appearing words on his arm, before widening his eyes.

'My name is Shoto. Shoto Todoroki.'

'Icyhot?! You're my soulmate?!'

Izuku began to cough in shock as he choked on his breath, suddenly hiding his arm as his classmates turned their attention to him as they gathered around to give him water or to pat his back. "Midoryia," Aizawa said, walking over. "Y-yes, sensei?" Izuku nervously stuttered as the class were told to go back to their seats. "Are you alright?" Izuku nodded with an embarrassed blush before noticing both Bakugo and Todoroki missing. They're probably talking right now.. Izuku let his head sink as his heart felt heavy with sadness. He then quickly scribbled onto his Soularm.

'I'm sorry.'
'You'd reject someone like me anyways.'

He let out a shaky breath as he held his arm close, tearing up as he could already feel the bond between the three strengthen and felt their sudden worry. He instantly rushed out of the classroom sniffling as he felt them write back to him. He ran out the door, down the hall and was nearly at the toilets before he froze to a stop, staring helplessly at his two soulmates, shocked to see him in such a state.