30 • clarification

(This is important and I already announced about this recently, but just in case you didn't see it... here you go. I would add this in at the last chapter but I don't think everyone would see it.)

- So you can't access your account. No, Wattpad didn't 'hack' you. They did it so that you can reset/change your password with the data breach going on. If you do that, you'll be safe so don't worry too much.

- To those who were freaking out on the 'classified hacker' part, lmao don't be dumb. FYI, there are different types of hackers, so please do your research and be respectful cause it's not that hard :)

- Don't be too hard on Wattpad. Tagging them AND badmouthing them won't bring you anywhere. I understand the frustration (I was part of the breach too yk), but did you see me insulting them for everyone to see? Just change your damn password, tell your friends to do the same, and please calm down.

- Read before you type a comment. Flooding my notifications will only make it harder for me to help those who are really in need.

-- MORE:

1. 'I can't reset my password.'

Check out the link below (CLICK THE ONE IN MY ANNOUNCEMENT TO GET DIRECTED TO IT). credits to infinite_neeanu !! thank you for your help <3 To those who found the solution to this, please comment inline so you can help others. I will be deleting unnecessary comments.

https://www.wattpadwriters.com/t/account-login-issue-breach-solution-found-to-regain-account/283347

2. 'I signed up after 2017, does this mean I'm safe?'

I rushed the copy paste of the FAQ part; I deeply apologize for that. The bullets were cut off, and you'll notice that if you read it carefully. This is what I'm referring to:

 This is what I'm referring to:

If you read it again... EVERYONE'S INFORMATION IS AFFECTED (stay calm, there is a solution). The only difference is that those who signed up later than 2017 won't have their IP address taken (surveys too but that's not important). So let me reword my previous statement.

It is not a request. I NEED you to change your Wattpad password and other third party accounts (that you linked to Wattpad). It's better than risking everything. Of course, unless you used a dump email and such, go ahead and do what you want.

Please don't panic. I don't know what I'm supposed to say to make you all stay calm so please, do me a favor and share this instead. If you're thankful that I did this, that's great. But here's what you need to do in return, TAG AND MAKE THIS ISSUE KNOWN. Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe!!!