Chapter 1 : Ms. Xu's Chicken Leg Set

The red light at the Xinghe intersection felt particularly long today. As he waited for the 96th second, Xiang ChangKong lifted his head and saw an airplane fly past.

The weather today was quite nice. The plane streaked white smoke as it traveled as if painting the vast blue sky.

Xiang ChangKong continued to stare as it flew past his field of vision, right until the red light turned green. A whistle beside him brought him back to reality, and he turned the throttle to drive the battery-powered scooter forward.

He was rushing to an office building nearby to deliver a meal order. It was currently October, and City A had entered autumn. With the wind blowing right unto his face, he was met with a slight chill.

When he had arrived at the office building, he parked his scooter downstairs and took out the take-out boxes from the incubator. Calling the customer, he entered the building quickly. It was a high-end office building, and all the men and women coming in and out were dressed in young and fashionable styles. He waited for an elevator to empty out before Xiang ChangKong stepped inside.

Because it was lunchtime, there weren't many people going upstairs, so the elevator smoothly traveled to the 23rd floor without any interruptions. With a 'ding,' the doors soon opened.

Leaving the elevator, Xiang ChangKong looked around until he found the door with the right company. He then opened the glass door and called out:

"Hello, which one is Ms. Zhou?"

"Here!" A short-haired girl poked her head out of her cubicle and waved towards Xiang ChangKong.

Looking at her direction, he took out the takeout as he walked over.

"What did you order?" A male colleague sitting behind Ms. Zhou stood up and curiously approached her desk, knocking on it twice. Because of his excitement, the folder he was holding slipped from his hands.

"A vegetable dish." Ms. Zhou cheerfully responded minimally while quickly making room on her desk: "Thank you, just leave it here."

Putting down the takeaway box, Xiang ChangKong responded with an 'enjoy your meal' before turning to leave. The male colleague's folder coincidentally fell near his feet, so Xiang ChangKong bent down to help pick it up, but before he even managed to touch it the male colleague shouted in a fuss: "Don't touch it! I'll pick it up myself, don't dirty my things."

This made Xiang ChangKong pause. Without saying anything, he circled past the folder and headed towards the exit. When he was about to open the glass doors, he looked at his hand, then wiped it twice on his overalls before pushing the door open.

As he approached the elevators, the doors opened, and another takeaway boy came out in a hurry. Seeing Xiang ChangKong, he called out a greeting.

He wasn't from the same takeout company as ChangKong, but because they both deliver in the same general area, they would meet each other from time to time.

Xiang ChangKong nodded back as he entered the elevator then quickly pressed the down button.

"..." The little brother standing outside looked back with a slack expression. He paused, stunned, before whistling towards the closed elevator doors: "Brother's suddenly so cool today, ah!"

Quickly putting Xiang ChangKong to the back of his mind, he walked away to deliver his takeout.

In the elevator, Xiang ChangKong quietly watched the numbers drop, before taking out his phone to check for the next order.

He'll be going to Starlight Park for the next order, a meal to a Ms. Xu Lian. He's been receiving orders from Ms. Xu Lian quite often recently. She had been ordering the chicken sets from 'Wolong Kitchen' for the past three days.