Chapter 4

On the day of the PUMPKIN concert, there were a couple of Weibo posts about it. The concert hadn't started yet, but it was already one of the most searched topics.

Xu Lian regularly checked the news on Weibo every day. Today, she saw her Weibo lit up with hundreds of thousands of notifications.

After checking them, she went to the next page and found that many people were saying that they were also going to the concert tonight. She tapped at the side of her phone and wondered if she should go to the concert with Wei YiChen tonight.

"Boss, it's eleven o' clock! Time to order lunch!" Zhang GuoEr ran upstairs and pushed her workshop door open. Xu Lian glanced at her and said, "You're really active when it comes to eating."

"Of course, if you're not active when it comes to food, what do you expect to be active in?"

Xu Lian felt that her words were reasonable, so she opened the takeout app and said: "What do you want to eat?"

Zhang GuoEr approached her and looked at the photos on her phone: "That, it looks like Wolong Kitchen launched a new dish, this barbecued rice looks good."

"Then barbecue rice it is."

"Alright, then what about you?"

"I..." Xu Lian thought about it then finally settled with the chicken leg set. "I like their chicken leg."

"...." Zhang GuoEr looked at her for a while then decided to go down and write 'Unexpected loyalty from the Boss' into her black notebook later.

After ordering, Zhang GuoEr said as she went back downstairs: "If that little takeaway boy comes to deliver today, I'll call you."

Xu Lian: "....."

She browsed through her Weibo for a little while until she felt that the delivery would come any minute now. Before Zhang GuoEr could call her, Xu Lian decided that she would take the initiative and go downstairs first.

Xiang ChangKong was very punctual when it came to his deliveries, so when he entered Monster, Xu Lian was standing at the counter, chatting with Zhang GuoEr.

She seems to prefer black. Today she was still wearing a pair of black high-heeled shoes, but her black trench coat was replaced by a shorter black leather coat.

As he approached, he became nervous as usual: "Hello, I've come to deliver your order."

"Ah!" Zhang GuoEr suddenly exclaimed.

Xu Lian: "..."

Xiang ChangKong: "..."

"Thank you." Xu Lian calmly took the takeaway bag from Xiang ChangKong, then looked back at Zhang GouEr without any change of expression. Zhang GuoEr awkwardly coughed twice then said to Xiang ChangKong: "Hey little brother, I want to ask you something."

"What is it?" With ChangKong's so-called 'deep and melancholy eyes' turned towards her, Zhang GuoEr felt that he could see into her soul.
"A-ahh...oh yes, I think you're a lot whiter than any other takeaway boy that delivered to us before. I just wanted to know what sunscreen you use?"

Xiang ChangKong was distracted as he replied: "I don't use sunscreen often. My sister gave me a bottle before, but I didn't pay attention to what the brand was."

Zhang GuoEr raised an eyebrow and looked at him curiously: "You have a sister?"

"Nn. Everyone in my family has fairly white skin, so maybe it's just a genetic thing."

Zhang GuoEr: "..."

Oh, yes, I see.

After a moment of silence, he habitually smiled and said, "Well, have a nice lunch."