Chapter 11 : His impression of her had been too inflexible

Xiang ChangKong had brought his scooter to the police station. When they reached the scooter, he turned to Xu Lian and said: "Then I'll be going first."

When Xu Lian saw that he was about to go, she reached out and grabbed the incubator fixed on the back seat.

Turning back, Xiang ChangKong gave her a puzzled look: "Is there anything else?"

At this moment, Xu Lian had to admit that Zhang GuoEr's description of Xiang ChangKong was pretty accurate. His eyes were melancholic and deep, like the vast starry sky. Feeling swayed by his gaze, she said: "I still think you should go to the hospital to get checked."

She didn't know why she continued to pester him endlessly and felt annoyed at herself. Xiang ChangKong said he was fine, and he still had a job to do.

After a few beats, he simply said 'good-bye,' then left.

Xu Lian stared at his retreating back for a long time, before turning around and flagging a taxi back to her store.

The store was only a little messy. Except for the few candles that fell to the ground, none of her other merchandise had been disturbed. In the end, the mess that was going to be the most difficult to clean was the broken flower pot that she broke herself.

The glass and porcelain fragments wouldn't take much time to clean, but the earth from the pot was scattered and smeared everywhere. Xu Lian estimated that the entire first floor would have to be thoroughly cleaned. But she was feeling lazy, and besides, it had been her favorite pot of Anthurium...

Xu Lian owned several Anthurium flowers, but this particular pot had been her most satisfying purchase. She thought the color of these flowers were particularly vivid, and they had always made her feel a little more positive whenever she glanced at it. But now the flowers lay listless on the floor, and Xu Lian didn't know if she could save them.

She picked up the flowers, rubbed them gently, then wrapped them up to be brought to a flower shop later. She would ask the florist to help check on them and properly re-plant them in a new pot.

She decided that the shop would have to be temporarily closed for two days. This won't affect her orders much anyways since she could still come in and work upstairs.

She took out her cell phone and was just about to inform Zhang GuoEr that she didn't need to come to work in the next two days when her phone started ringing.

It was Wei YiChen, asking for a video call.

Xu Lian pressed accept with a fingertip.

"Xu Lian, are you OK? I just heard Ah Mao say that Zhu Bing ran to your store and made trouble. Are you hurt?"

In sharp contrast to Wei YiChen's anxious tone, Xu Lian's voice was frosty. She turned her phone and pointed the camera towards her shop. Circling around, she asked: "What do you think?"

Wei YiChen was the state of her store and started scolding: "You can be rest assured, I'll bear all the damages and losses your store will incur. I've already bought a return ticket, I'll go clean up that Zhu Bing."

Xu Lian: "They've already compensated me for any losses, so you should come and clean my store for me instead."

"Alright, no problem, I'll do whatever you say." Wei YiChen had anticipated that Zhu Bing would retaliate, so before he left, he already arranged things with his bar. But he never would have dreamed that Zhu Bing would find Xu Lian and make trouble for her. "This kind of thing will never happen again, I promise."

Xu Lian didn't really take Wei YiChen's promise seriously. On the contrary, she only affirmed her long-held view- that when close relationships form, trouble would also inevitably come.