Ch. 47 - Ceremony pt. 2

Iris

After putting my red heels on I looked at myself in the mirror. My red dress was sparkling matching my shoes and my rainbow colored hair straight down my back.

I really didn't want to go to the ceremony. I nearly choked on my drink when Rose told me that Logan was introducing her to Dark Eclipse.

Didn't think that would happen. But as much as I didn't want to go, I was going to support my best friend.

I also knew that my time of avoiding James would come to an end tonight when I see him at the ceremony.

There was a slim slim chance that I wouldn't be seen by James but I highly doubt it.

I heard the music playing from outside and took a deep breath. I pulled my hair to cover my mark, my mate mark from James.

I tried not to think of that night with him but it stuck in my mind like how a tattoo is permanent on your skin. Which I had a tattoo already of that night on my skin so that's just great.

'I miss James.' Vera whimpered.

'Vera no. I'm sorry but we can't.' I said but regretted saying instantly.

'Iris you can't deny your feelings to James anymore.' She replied.

She was right. James could feel my emotions now but I had been blocking him out completely.

'Feelings or not, I can't be with him.' I knew she was going to hate this part, 'I'm going to reject him.'

'What? No! Iris please don't. Think of how much it'll hurt James and you.' She cried to me.

'I'm sorry Vera but this is how it has to be.' I shut my eyes and shut my wolf out.

If I saw James tonight, I was going to reject him.

I walked down the stairs and out of the guest house making my way to the ceremony. I had to admit, the decorations were beautiful, Logan did know how to make things fancy.

Doing my best to not be seen I hid amongst the crowd and chugged a glass of wine. I quickly grabbed another and chugged it too.

I grabbed my third and walked behind the buffet when I spotted James sitting next to Rose at one of the tables.

I could overhear their conversation.

"And I get that. I really do. I just, I don't know how to help or what to do. I feel like we're stuck and might not get past this." James said to her.

"You will James. Don't give up on her, she's very tough so sometimes you just have to do an extra nudge." I promised.

I watched hiding behind on of the pillars as the people began to chant Roselyn's name and James nudge her in the direction to the stage.

I watched Rose as she walked up and Logan took her in his arms, she smiled and I noticed the way he looked at her. It was filled with adoration.

The way they looked at each other was very heartwarming to me. My best friend was happy and safe with her mate who has finally gotten over his blood alpha phase.

As Logan started his speech I decided it was a good time to disappear back into the house since he had everyone's attention.

I set my wine glass down on a random table and begin to walk back when someone calls my name.

"Iris?" I mentally groaned closing my eyes not wanting to turn around.