chapter fifty-three

THE FIRST THING ALLISON WAS GREETED WITH WAS THE OPENED ARMS OF HER SISTER. The woman hugged her as tight as she could, not realizing how much she missed her until this very moment.

Maggie pulled away and placed her hands on her bloody face, looking into her eyes, seeing... dullness in them. Like something had happened with the Saviors. "I'm so glad you're okay." She spoke softly, pulling her into another hug.

"Me too." Allison smiled against her shoulder, letting out a breath. She pulled away and then looked to Sasha who was beside them, giving her a smile before bringing her into a tight embrace as well.

No words were exchanged as they did this, however, Sasha knew exactly what had happened just by the look Allison was giving her. "Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?"

She nodded her head and then glanced at Daryl, seeing him giving Maggie a quick hug before he pulled away, locking eyes with Allison.

There they stood, staring at each other for a small moment before Allison was the first one to look away.

Sasha led her to the bathroom, where she started up the water for her. "I'll leave some clothes out for you."

"Thanks."

With that, Allison shut the door and started to take off her dirty clothes, her face scrunching up in disgust as she got a whiff of how bad they actually smelled.

As the water hit her back, she sighed in relief, happy she was at a place where she didn't have to look over her shoulder every second or have to feel like she was unsafe.

She was with her family.

The dirt and blood washed off her easily, her watching as it went down the drain easily, as well as the feeling of Negan's hands on her. She shuddered at the thought.

Allison started to wash her hair and body, trying to get rid of any reminder of him on her. She scrubbed until her skin was beet red, stinging a bit.

She turned off the water and wrapped a towel around her body, opening the door and seeing a pile of clothes on the floor, her smiling subconsciously.

She quickly changed and put on her sneakers (Beth's sneakers), walking outside to see Maggie and Daryl sitting on the porch, talking quietly.

Once they saw her, Maggie gave her a small smile while Daryl just looked away, making Allison frown a bit.

"I gotta go talk to Jesus." Maggie stated, Allison nodding her head before she watched her sister walk off.

It was silent for a small moment before Allison went over to sit next to him, the man visibly tensing at their closeness.

"I'm so sorry, Daryl." She said softly, pushing a blonde strand of hair behind her ear.

"Nothin' to apologize for." Daryl shrugged, playing with his hands in his lap nervously.

"Nobody would've died if it wasn't for me." Allison sighed, shaking her head to herself.

Daryl looked to her, his eyes softening at her demeanor before they went back to his usual hard and cold stare. That same strand that she pushed back fell back into her face again and he had the temptation to push it back.

Suddenly, the front gate creaked open and both their heads snapped behind them, Allison's eyes widening in shock when she saw who was standing there.

It was everyone. Rick, Michonne, Rosita, Carl, Tara, Aaron.

Sophia.

She grabbed onto Daryl's hand suddenly and pulled him towards the group, Sophia being the first one to see her.

"Ally!"

Allison let go of Daryl's hand and brought Sophia into a tight hug, a sigh of relief escaping her lips. "You're okay."

Sophia pulled away and gave her a small smile. "I missed you."

Allison placed her hands on her either side of her face, wiping away the tears that fell. "I missed you too, kid."

Her eyes landed on Rick and tears sprung in her eyes once she saw the look in his own. He quickly pulled her into a hug and the woman cried loudly, her tears soaking his shirt.

Rick was the first one to pull away, placing his hands on her cheeks and wiping away the tears. "I'm sorry." He whispered and she shook her head, giving him a small smile.

"It's okay." Allison told him.

Her eyes landed on Michonne and she quickly pulled the woman into a hug, as well as Rosita and Tara, more than happy to be here with them.

"We're gonna fight." Rick started, his eyes on Maggie. "I didn't wanna listen to you before... I-I couldn't I can now."

Maggie nodded and then looked to Allison for reassurance, to which the blonde just gave her a sister an encouraging nod.

"Let's fight."

-

Gregory has been arguing with the group for about an hour now. Whatever they said, he seemed to just talk over them, saying that he wanted everyone at peace and no trouble.

"You weren't there." Allison spoke up, all heads turning to her. "He bashed in our friends... our family's heads and laughed about it as if it was some fucking joke. We're gonna fight them and we need your people. If not, a lot more can die. And if they do... that blood is on your hands." With that, she walked out, Daryl's eyes following her out.

Carl was the first one to step out, seeing Allison with her shaky hands and her wide eyes, deep in thought. "Ally."

"You shouldn't have been there, Carl."

"I wanted to." The boy stated, clearing his throat before he spoke again. "I-I came there to kill him."

The woman looked to him with slightly narrowed eyes, applauding his braveness for confronting Negan like that. "You shouldn't have, you couldn't gotten hurt."

"It was a risk I was willing to take." The boy shrugged and Allison sighed, rubbing her forehead in stress.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"I'm not."

Just as Allison was gonna reply to him, she heard the door swing open, revealing Daryl. Her throat tightened at his appearance, her body tensing.

"I'll be inside." Carl told her before he left the two alone.

"He's still not agreeing?" Allison spoke softly, Daryl looking up at her.

"Nah." He exhaled sharply, placing his hands in his pockets.

Allison felt the sudden urge to move closer to him. So she did. Her feet moved faster than she thought and before she knew it, she was right in front of Daryl, her eyes staying on his.

She moved her hands to his face and he shied away from her touch, her taking her hands away momentarily before placing them back, her fingers tracing all the cuts and scratches that the Saviors created while they were there.

"I'm sorry they did this to you." She whispered low, so low that if they weren't so close, he wouldn't have heard her.

Daryl leaned in a bit, giving her the impression that he wanted to plant a kiss on her lips.

Allison leaned back, giving him a slight head shake. She took her hands off his face, the images of Negan bashing in their heads in her head once again. "I can't."

The woman walked off, leaving Daryl with a look of unsureness on his face.