Chapter 11

Grayson's POV

Fuck yeah, it's Friday!! Which means today is a whole day of people celebrating me turning eighteen and tacking over as head alpha! Well, I'm not fully tacking over just yet, first I have to find my Luna at the party tonight. Once I find out who she is we have to mate for me to get my full scope of powers, but that can be solved after the after party. I mean, what girl doesn't want all of this. I check out my sexy self in the mirror, admiring my flawless light brown skin, rippling abs, and nine-inch cock (and yes, it's this size while limp). Oh yeah, mating by tomorrow can be assured.

After freshening up and throwing on some sweat pants I saunter downstairs to the first floor of the pack house. The pack house is really big and acts as a hub for members to meet up and/or hang out; at least on the first floor. There's a giant kitchen, den area, gaming room, nursery/day care center, and theater all on this one level. The upper floors are reserved for those who live here and important rooms, meaning only certain people are allowed up there. The second floor houses the most important advisors to the head alpha, their families, and a giant infirmary (in case someone needs medical help quick or hospitals are full).

The third floor is where the head alpha and their family lives, and also where father's office is. When I take over fully everyone will move out to their secondary homes and my people will move in. Of course, I'm still letting my brother stay here since he still has a while before he finds his mate, plus I'm sure that mother and father will want a house to themselves. Speaking of the little devilish angel I spot Conner cooking a big breakfast in the kitchen. Might as well jump start his morning with a little scare.

I silently sneak up behind the small gamma and let out a mighty howl. He quickly turns around looking startled and I'm about to bawl out laughing, when I feel a super-hot spatula slap me across the face. "Ouch!!" "Oh, my goddess! Gray?! What the hell, you scared me half to death!" Conner shouts still wielding his deadly spatula.

"Well it was funny until you slapped me with hot butter and plastic!" I retort.

"I thought you were an intruder! Also, you slightly deserve that for scaring me. Now come here idiot." I reluctantly lean down to his 5'1 height so he can heal my burn/bruise. A faint green glow emits from his hand as he gets to work on my cheek. Gammas and omegas have the ability to heal others but gammas are way better at it. Unfortunately, it's pretty rare to born as one, so I guess I got lucky having one as a brother. Once he's done, I sit up, rubbing my cheek and no longer feeling any pain.

"Thanks bro. You're really getting better at your healing abilities."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just grab some food and leave me in peace," he says going back to cooking. Since today is a big day for the pack, school is canceled. So I can, thankfully, chill for most of the morning before football practice and prep for the party. I make myself an egg sausage biscuit from what's been cooked and sit at the huge island in the kitchen to chow down. Father walks into the kitchen dressed in a clean suit looking like he's been up for hours even though it's still pretty early.

"Morning boys."

"Good morning father," Conner responds, handing him a breakfast sandwich.

"What's with the fancy suit, the party doesn't start for hours?" I ask.

"Well if you must know your mother and I are leaving for a meeting with another pack leader. However, that doesn't mean that you get to slack on your training. Nor does it being your birthday count as an excuse." Shit. "We will be back before the party commences, so don't do anything stupid," he says leaving the kitchen.

"Well goodbye to you too," I mutter under my breathe. Believe it or not my parents aren't as cold as they may seem; they're just strict and very formal. Mr. Ward said that before me and my brother were born they actually used to be very wild and rebellious, especially on the battle field. Apparently, one time they took down an entire rebel pack with only them, Mr. Ward, and Kristy's dad fighting. Wish I could have seen THAT before they got boring. I throw away my trash and sulk back upstairs to get ready for training AND football practice. Sigh, just have to survive until tonight.