Volume 2 part 7.

(I realized it's kinda boring reading with no songs, so here! You don't have to put them on, it's not a necessity, but just for some people... it's a kdrama song BTW) 

  Everyone has something to hide- he had heard this so many times coming from his mother's mouth.

   The same answer replied again, & again to the same question. He didn't even bother asking her why she hated him that much anymore, but truthfully, his mother wasn't even half the reason he went to Japan. 

   "You're pathetic." 

His child self, no. He didn't know what he hoped. Maybe to wish that it would stop, that he'd be loved, or as it appears in romance novels he read once to pass time, for someone to understand him, & help him. Such a wish... it was an utterly ridiculous thing to hope for.

   Angela White. He met her when he came back to Japan, being hit by her father several times in the face, but she never stood down, or cried, unlike him. It only seemed to prove what she said true. At first, he passed by her as if he had never seen such a scene, only to see her like that again.

   Though that time, was the aftermath of the beating, & it was when she spoke to him for the first time; 'You... don't have pity, or sympathy in your eyes, I could only wonder why,' she laughed mockingly.

   'Maybe you have no heart, or emotions, or maybe you...'

 '...Know what it feels like,' she had finished, her bloody teeth disappearing from sight, as she stopped smiling stupidly. 

    In return, he only gave her a handkerchief he had, & passed her, standing up; 'Wipe the blood.'

'Ha... like a male lead from a romance novel,' she muttered, & his mouth had twitched into a smile for the first time in years.

                                                          ~

     The girl before him though, was nothing like the Renaquinn he knew seven years ago. Renaquinn who acted so unlike the child she was, who never made any blunders speaking, or walking. It always made him wander if she was a robot, or at least some human type. 

  Never had he expected her to be able to cry, to look so shocked when facing a crowd of people, or to... trip right on her face, or make the chair fall back while standing up. For a second it made him feel bad that he hated her, & acted like that towards her, but then... he hated her only more for acting like this. 

      For acting like the victim, though she was very much the villainess. She hadn't changed when he came back for the first time, when twelve years. 

   Akito had seen it with his own eyes, when she was slapping her friend for making a mistake. No one knew he came back, not even Renaquinn who claimed she knew everything about him- that was because he went back as soon as he came back. Mental preparations... it took a lot of mental ability to deal with people who talk to you only because you're the second son of the Ichiya family.

    -Is she acting? Or has she really changed? Is it possible to change in the span of two years when you weren't able to change in 4 years?

   He felt her eyes on him again, & it ticked him off... how he couldn't tell, understand anything about her now. It was hard enough before, but he at least knew that she was someone with no heart of love- she only knew to take what she wants, no matter what.

   Sometimes Angela felt immensely similar to her, yet again... she was the complete opposite of her.

   Akito was too busy to notice that they were going the wrong way all along, as he was the one who led forward. Since both Louise, & Hayato were gone, whilst Renaquinn, & Julian had never been here before, he was the only guide.

   He thoughtlessly pushed open the door, only to come out into a blinding light... onto the hotel rooftop.

   -Ah, this isn't the first floor, but rather the top...

'We're...' Renaquinn gulped; 'On top... of a building,' she noted dumbly, making Julian laugh.

   'Of course, you didn't know? The restaurant is at the top floor of the hotel, & this is the pool-'

*thud*

   She suddenly fell down, making both of us look back in surprise. Her breath was hitched, & she looked extremely pale as she was kneeling down, her hand grasping the skirt of her dress.

'This... I feel scared,' she whispered almost inaudibly before she fell down even further.

   A/N- I know, I know. It should've been like this when it was on top of the Eiffel tower but you know, fear fright is actually like that. You get more scared when you're alone, but when there are your friends, or family member around you, you get more confidence. For Rena's case, even if she isn't the only one there, she doesn't have anyone she knows specifically reassuring her the way Louise did, so she's more scared now. 

   Anyway, fifth chapter!!! Woohoo! Only five chapters now!!