~ Chapter 28 ~ (The Cult)

It's been a year since Naho, Sumi and Kiyo were found in front the door of the Kocho's mansion. Since then, they started living with the sisters and the others living in the mansion.

Shinobu as usual, rejected the idea of letting the trio stay with them since it's already crowded at the mansion with Kanao and Aoi already living with them.

Kanae however also as usual, managed to persuade his sister into letting them stay. And since then, the mansion has become more lively than before.

Kanae has also reach 16 years old while Shinobu is 15. With Kanae personal request to the head of the Ubayashiki, both of the sisters have been taking missions with each other for the past year.

Soo far, all of their missions have been reported to be successful. Shinobu also managed to rank up. She is now Kinoe in the ranks. Right now, both of the sisters is going for another mission.

Kanae and Shinobu are now being summoned to the Ubayashiki's manor. Oyakata-sama personally requested for both of them. Kanae and Shinobu are on their way at the roads.

"What could possibly be the mission this time Shinobu?" Kanae asked her sister. "I don't know nee-san. Every missions we get always differ from the others" Shinobu said.

Kanae just nodded agreeing with her sister. She's not wrong. Then both of them continue to walk until they finally arrived in front of the Ubayashiki's manor.

Kakushi are seen at the entrance guarding it. Kanae and Shinobu walked in front of the Kakushi and they let the sisters in since they already recognised them.

Kanae and Shinobu entered the manor. Then another kakushi arrived and told them Oyakata-sama was expecting them and is waiting inside the house.

The sisters put away their footwears and entered the house. There, they found their leader sitting on the ground and smiling at them.

Kanae and Shinobu kneeled in respect and Kagaya greeted both of them warmly. The sisters returned the greeting respectfully. Then Kagaya finally started to brief them on their mission.

"Listen both of you, the mission this time is probably gonna be difficult..." Kagaya said. "You don't to worry Oyakata-sama! We'll will do our best." Kanae said to her leader.

Kagaya just smiled, "I know you would, I trust in the two of you with your abilities. But the mission is different from the others. This time, you will be tasked to investigate"

The sisters looked at their leader in wonder. Kagaya just continue, "There's a rumours in a town at the north that there's a cult running being known as the Paradise Faith cult."

"The rumours said that many of the people in the town joined the cult and the leader is said to be a demon." Kagaya said in serious manner.

"I want both of you to investigate about the cult whether if it is true or not. Be careful with everyone on the town since we don't know who joined the cult and who did not. It's better for you to take safety measures" kagaya said ending the mission briefing.

Kanae and Shinobu nodded and both of them leave the manor immediately. A few minutes later, Kagaya summoned his own kasugai crow. Kagaya then took out a letter before handing it the crow.

"I want you to give this letter to him. You know where to find him." the crow nodded before flying off with the letter. The mission he assigned to Kanae and Shinobu might be very dangerous and he thought that the Kocho sisters might need another helping hand...

~Meanwhile~

Kanae and Shinobu are now on the travelling road to the north. Both of them just chatted while walking on the road. They still have an hour before arriving at the town.