CHAPTER NINE

I think I heard the police man wrong.
Maybe all the times I've fallen and hit my head has finally caught up to me and messed up my hearing.

"What?" I asked confusion clear on my face .

"I said you are under arrest" He repeated this time cuffing my hands behind my back.

"Let her go" Adam growled punching the police officer holding him back.

"Adam stop." I cried as the other officers in the room tackled him and cuffed him.

"On what ground" I asked as I was being dragged away.

"For the kidnapping of Xavier knights children" He replied shoving me forward.

"Hey watch it" I spat nearly tripping.

"She didn't do anything wrong" Sam cried as he tried to reach for me but was held back by a officer who was having a hard time holding him back.

"It's alright everything would be settled soon" I tell him smiling.

Deep in my heart I knew it wasn't.

The kids were taken away in a car, hopefully they get home safe.

"Who would have imagined I would get arrested on the same day as you" i laughed .

Adam was sitting beside me in the cop car.

"Yeah I always joked about it i never expected it to actually happen" He laughed in response.

The drive to the precinct was quiet.

We were placed in a cell.

"Do you have a lawyer or should we provide one for you" We had been asked a few minutes later after we had our rights recited to us.

Adams parents are really good lawyers and they would have been our best bet but they were off on a cruise some where in the world, I don't know any lawyers, I barely even have friends.

"This is going to be a long night" I groan.

Two days in this cell I had begin to smell not so nicely.

"Charges have been pressed against you Sage do you realise that" My mom cried as she spoke to me .

I had to call my mom seeing as no bailed was allowed for me.

Adam was free to go afterall, its not like he punched a police officer square on the jaw.

Note the sarcasm.

He was released on bail .
Though I was kind of surprised that he wasn't tagged my accomplice.

He had tried to bail me out but to no avail, He's still trying to reach his parents.

"We don't have enough money for a good lawyer we've tried gathering money but it wasn't enough" Mom tells me breaking down once more.

My mum and step dad have been trying to gather money to get a good lawyer but they were still short . Adam had been MIA since he got bailed this morning.

"It's alright mama I'll find a way"

"I know you didn't kidnap those kids. It's not possible I know you sage " she cried some more.

"Dad can you please tell her to stop crying" I turned to face Hugh my step dad who looked like he was about to break down too any minute from now.

"Everything is going to be fine" I tell them once again but I didn't even believe myself.

They left after awhile.

And I was left alone to think

How did this happen?