ten: Riding better things

Ikara

"Go in" Sia whispered to me.

"Can't Aisha go and do her magic instead?" I asked the lot which was circled outside the door of my room.

"He doesn't need magic, Kara. He needs a friend." said Aisha

"and only you can get him out of it"  said Elliot

"But what if i make it worse?" I asked terribly worried

"if you do, we will barge in and handle everything." hinted Nicole

"but you won't ,Kara" Leah assured me and others nodded "now go talk to Raven, we will make some food."

And then i was pushed inside my room without any words. After the encounter with his mate, Raven wouldn't speak to any of us. He got in the car and we left the diner and came into my dorm room. Raven headed towards my bedroom straight away.

That was two hours ago.

Currently, my room was dark,and Raven was cuddled in my bed with covers on.

"Hey, Rave?" I said softly, slowly walking towards the bed and getting in next to him "talk to me, please." I said as he turned around facing me with red eyes.

"He is an alpha from my kingdom," Raven started slowly 

"what happened?" I asked

"He rejected me for another Alphas daughter" Raven said.

"you didn't tell him who you were?" I questioned, confused.

"No," he sighed "I realized that all he cared about was his position and power. He didn't care about me at all, neither as a person, nor as a mate."

"well,technically, you outrank him." I said in a small voice.

To this, he chuckled slightly and said "yes I do. When I realized all his greed, I asked him to reject me."

"but didn't he feel the authority through the bond?" I inquired again

"I doubt he even felt the bond properly, his greed overpowered his senses" he said while coming closer and resting his head on my shoulder.

"so you aren't sad about him rejecting you?" heck, that was a dumb question.

"No,Kara. I'm not" he started " you know when I came out,i doubted the chances of finding a mate. But when i got his scent today, I was hoping that today would be the best day of my life. All the challenges would have been worth it. I'm just sad that I may never find someone to love."

"I know how that feels, Raven. But that's where you are wrong" I said sitting up, pulling him with me "I mean look around you, you have an army of people who love you unconditionally. Heck I bet everyone is making plans to find and get back at the guy. And Goddess isn't cruel,Rave. The threw this storm at you, maybe there is a rainbow at the end of it."

"I know, Kara" he said pulling me into a hug "I'm sorry for shutting out."

"Rav-" before I could continue, I was cut by Nicole barging into the room with a bang, followed by others

"RAVEN MISAJH SONDERS." she said "If your so called mate isn't worthy enough to see what a glorious man you are, he isn't worth your thoughts. Now get a grip and pack your stuff because we are going to the beach. I can't have you sulking around like this. It's his damn loss."

"hey, Nicky" Raven smiled "don't pretend you did not hear our conversation" he said looking at Nicole's face which was now turning pink.

Then he looked down at me, as I was still hugging him and said "beach sounds good, doesn't it?"