41

Chapter 41:
FOLLOW YOU

"Hi, how are you?"

Harry's question pulled Taylor back to reality. Taylor's blue eyes were completely focused on the young man who stood a few steps before her, looking handsome in his black T-shirt and black trousers. He was always handsome and charming as usual.

"Um. . . I'm fine. How about you?" Taylor asked back as she forced herself to smile. Why is it so hard for me to smile now? Why is my heart still beating abysmally?

Taylor's heartbeat increased as Harry stepped closer, so the distance between him and Taylor was only one feet away. "I'm fine, as you can see."

That smile. . . The dimples. . . How long has it been since Taylor has seen it? Why does it seem like it's been so long? But a year is quite a long time, isn't it?

"I came to see Liam. Maybe he had told you that we were friends from high school. But he left me alone in his room and hasn't returned until now." Harry sighed and stuck his hand in his pocket, trying desperately to avoid eye contact with Taylor. Although Taylor really looked at him directly.

Taylor closed her eyes briefly and looked away, looking down at the marbled floor, which was certainly very cold. "He's helping Doctor Hunt calm down. Maybe he'll come back tomorrow. It looks like he took Doctor Hunt home."

Harry nodded curtly. "I understand. Is it okay if the door to his room is unlocked? He didn't leave the room key with me."

Taylor shook her head in response and Harry smiled again. Taylor froze as Harry's hand patted her shoulder slowly and the man said calmly, "I've heard about you and Zayn. I'm happy."

Before long, Harry pulled his hand away from Taylor's shoulder and forced herself to look at him. Taylor was even tight-lipped, she didn't want to say anything and preferred to be a listener.

"You and I. . . can still be friends, right? I'll be your friend if you need me. If Zayn does anything bad or upsets you, you should call me. Maybe we can make a plan to make him aware and not to repeat his mistakes again?" Harry paused at his own words. The last sentence he said. . . didn't sound striking, right? No, everything sounds normal.

Taylor looked up and smiled. "Thank you."

Taylor only answered with two words and Harry gave a short nod before forcing his lips to smile. "Well, I — I have to. . . uh. . . leave? Yes, I have to go. Nice to meet you. . . again, doctor Swift."

After that, Harry went to leave Taylor, who stared at the young man's back until he finally disappeared from her view. Taylor bit her lower lip and leaned her back against the door to her room. The girl closed her eyes and let the tears just flow from her eyes.

"You're so stupid!" She muttered to herself as she could no longer stand it.

━━

"You stupid shit!"

Harry hit the steering wheel hard. The young man tried to catch and steady his breath. His heart skipped a beat, his hands gripped the steering wheel violently. His face looked red, like holding his back anger and disappointment.

"ARGH!"

Harry banged his forehead on the steering wheel and fell silent. The car was still parked smoothly in the hospital parking lot, he hadn't moved his car even though it had been almost fifteen minutes since Harry had arrived and been inside in the car.

The young man's eyes closed, his hands clenched tightly. "What the fuck?! What am I even doing here? Fuck! Why am I so stupid?! Why me. . . why do I have to be like this?!" Harry leaned his head against the back of his car seat. His face turned red and the young man let out a long breath.

After a long pause, Harry reached for his phone and immediately looked for a specific contact name there. Love. Harry immediately pressed and called the number with an uneven breath, waiting for a reply from the other line. But there was no reply at all.

It was only the first try and Harry easily gave up. The young man instead went to his messages and typed in his message to the contact that was named: Love.

Forgive me. For everything.

Again, Harry sighed and leaned his head back on the headrest of the car seat.

Shortly thereafter, Harry straightened up as his eyes caught a figure of someone that he thought had just exited out of the hospital. The girl stopped on the doorway and took out her phone from her black bag. Harry doesn't know what she was doing however, at the same time Harry's phone vibrated and it's a sign of an incoming message.

I had so much to say, but you really avoided me. But I'm glad to see you again anyways.

Harry stared straight at Taylor, who was walking toward her car. Harry waited until Taylor actually drove her car away from the parking lot before taking part in driving his car away from the hospital parking area.

Taylor drove her car, although she would occasionally wipe her tears away that fell from her eyes. The girl cried while continuing to drive her car.

This is not a meeting that I really hoped for.

Taylor continued to drive her car until she arrived at the place where she initially wanted to go at. Nowhere else appeared in her mind right now, except this place. A crowded place with very loud music. A nightclub.

How long has it been since Taylor visited a place like this? It looks like two or three bottles of wine or champagne wouldn't hurt. Her mind was in turmoil, not knowing what to do but trying to forget the events she had just experienced.

Although it won't last long.

When she finished parking the car, Taylor grabbed her small bag and stepped out of the car. The girl was silent for a moment and looked at the building from the outside, and the music was overlapping between the walls. Taylor sighed and reached into her bag, taking out a handkerchief and her phone from there. Taylor wiped the remnants of the tears from her face with a handkerchief before staring at the lighted screen of her cellphone. She turned her phone into silent mode.

Her eyes narrowed when she found the contact name Moodbooster is calling her. Taylor held her breath before putting her phone into the pocket of the slacks she was wearing.

The girl was just about to step into the nightclub area when a hand held her arm. Taylor turned and tried to struggle, but her intentions stopped when she realized who was holding her arm.

"Don't you ever go to a nightclub again. If getting drunk is the only way to solve your problems, don't ever get drunk outside. Drink alcohol inside the house. Don't also invite other people especially men to get drunk with you." That voice. . . Taylor closed her eyes and sighed.

"I've been really stressed out lately. Added up with your sudden appearance which wasn't at all what I expected. Why are you here? Do you also want to come inside? It's not a coincidence that we meet again here, right?"

Harry let go of his hand that was previously holding Taylor's arm earlier. The young man held the girl before him intently.

"I followed you."

"For what?"

"Because it's the only thing that I've been often doing the most." Harry answered softly and lowered his head.

Taylor raised an eyebrow. "The thing you've been doing the most lately?"

Harry smiled and shook his head. "Not lately. It's the thing that I do most often, because I can't contact you anymore. Well, it's not that I can't, but I haven't."

Taylor looked at his green eyes in confusion. "What are you trying to explain?"

Harry shook his head and his hands stroked Taylor's hair gently. A smile still imprinted on his lips.

"Go home and rest. That's what you need most right now."