30. There Goes The Neighbourhood

"Woah, is that my hand or yours?" I grab the pinky and give it two small tugs. "Ok, that is definitely mine," I decide while the girl next to me looks at me like I'm dumb. She might have a point but still she didn't need to display the obvious. "Good day talking to you, madam," I say, tipping my imaginary cowboy hat and walk off.

I walk- ok, more like stumble- to the table holding the drinks. I sloppily make one, not even sure what's in the cup. I look to my left to see a guy smirking at me and I turn my body towards him. He perks up at my attention and takes a step towards me when I throw my arm out. "Did you know that vampires exist?" He furrows his eyebrows. "I know! Crazyyy! And you'll think they're hot too."

I take a chug of my drink and hum, agreeing with myself. "Yes, hot indeed. Then they'll kill your mother and it kind of takes away from the hotness. Yes, it is in fact a buzzkill. Stupid vampires." The guy looks at me like I'm mentally ill before jogging away. Literally jogging. "What do I just repulse guys now? That's such a bummer."

"You know, I thought we left this Emily in the past a long time ago." I whirl around to see Christian with his arms crossed, looking at me blankly.

I smile wide and throw my arms around, the drink in my hand falling to the floor. "Chrissyyyyy!" I giggle and a small hiccup leaves my mouth. "How you doing, buddy! Remember when you used to party? You used to drink and drink and nothing effected- aw my drink is on the floor." I pout like a little kid and show Chrissy my puppy dog eyes. "Please get me another, please, please, pleaseee?"

He shakes his head, a small smile tugging at his lips. I stick out my finger into the small dimple and he slaps my hand away. "You defintely have hit your limit. We passed muiltiple stages of drunk Emily. We left wild drunk Emily, funny drunk Emily, sexy drunk Emily, and now we're in child drunk Emily. If we push too hard we'll get to sad drunk Emily and I am not dealing with your ass when it happens."

"You think I'm sexy, Chrissy? Hmmm?" I tease and his small smile falters for a second before it grows even bigger.

"What the hell, you won't remember anyways. You're extremely sexy and hot and beautiful, Emily. Especially when you're not drunk."

I clasps my hands to my chest and let out a squeal. "I knew it! I knew you liked me deep deep deep deep deep deep deep down. I'm always right. Mhm, yes I am."

He rolls his eyes. "What are you even doing anyways, Em? You haven't done this in so long." I grab some boy's cup that was walking by and was about to take a sip when Chrissy snatched it out my hands. I pout at him as he gives it back to the guy. "Seriously, what are you doing?"

"I'm doing what every girl needs to do when they have a rough day. Go get drunk, meet some boys, and crush their hearts one by one." I giggle while getting closer to him. "Should I start with you, Chrissy?"

"Wow, looks like you still have some of that sexy drunk Emily left in you, huh?" he asks as I look down at his lips. I nod while closing the distance. Then he gently he puts his hands on my shoulders and pulls me back. "As much as it would be great to kiss you, Em, I'm not going to while you're drunk."

I huff and cross my arms, looking away from him. "Stupid nice boys. I should've found one of those dicks who wouldn't care they were taking advantage of a drunk girl. All I want is a make out. That's all!"

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Emily, are you seeing anyone?" he asks.

Immediately I stop pouting and turn towards him. "No, Chrissy, changed your mind?"

"I just think it would be a bit helpful if you saw a therapist or someone." I just stare blankly at him, the ghost of a smile on my face. He raises his hands up. "Just being honest here." I blink three times at him before stalking off back into the crowd of bodies. Christian's fingers graze my arm, calling out for me, but I keep going, looking for some boy as drunk as me to dance with.