Chapter 75: Fate (3)

Fladnag stared, eyes wide at the shard in his hand. His brow furrowed as he looked up to Razznik. "More than any of us, you awaited this day. Yet, this is your decision?"

Jatakem (Also known as Imperial City)

"Lady Sayen!" an old priest yelled and then reported, "There are reports of goblins and demons attacking the villages!"

"Dispatch all the Paladins," the shaman ordered, eyes on the shard she grasped. "Hunt down every last one."

"All, Your Holiness? What about the capital?"

"Do not worry about the capital. As long as I am here, no demon shall set foot in this city," she promised. The priest bowed, then hurried out of the shrine to carry out her orders as she examined the shard once more. "Seven become one, one becomes Seven. Godless souls bound by blood, by your rage, shall the world be saved." She wiped a tear that escaped her veiled eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself. "If this is your decision, elder, then I suppose we must abide by it."

Rider chanted something under his breath, and a glow emanated from the shard he held

Rider chanted something under his breath, and a glow emanated from the shard he held. The light encompassed the shard, then grew in length. The glow died down, and Rider held a blade with irregular curved edges.

"My apologies," he said to no one in particular. "We must extend our sentence a little longer. The world is not yet ready to receive Chaos." The blade rose off his hand till it suspended vertically above him.

"What is that?" Kashi asked, unable to curb his growing curiosity.

"A key," Rider answered, eyes downcast as he got to his feet. He looked up at Razznik. "We shall meet again," he promised and raised his right arm.

Kashi was forced to retreat as a column of light burst from the earth and shot to the heavens. The irregular blade shot up through the column of light, growing as it did. It reached the light's apex where it completed its transfiguration to a divine sword, white as an angel's wings.

Six similar beams appeared in the horizon around them, each reaching, and then piercing through the clouds.

Rider solemnly nodded, and then closed his palms...