Chapter 1

*Flashbacks are in bold

Here we go"

Hareem took two steps back after zipping the small bag. Her eyes went towards the lonely figure standing close to the window looking at nothing in particular. The hollowness was radiating off her. Her eyes were not focusing on anything but still they had a story of their own to tell. Hareem stood next to her holding her from her shoulders.

"Waniya, I know this is not easy. You are angry with almost everything and everyone and rightly so. But he is ashamed and very much sorry. He's trying his best to mend things up. And it's better if you go from here. There's nothing for you anyway. Just heartbreak and few memories which are going to scar you for years to come. It's better to just let go. Embrace what he's offering you."

Hareem patted her arm and giving a last glance around left the room.

Waniya didn't say anything in reply. Her mind was a mess right now. She wasn't feeling any such emotions she was supposed to, given the fact that she was going back home.

Home.

A sarcastic smile appeared on her lips. What mockery was made of this one word. Home? What was that?

Few days back, she hadn't thought life would change drastically. Had things been normal, there would be so much happiness surrounding them. She was carrying a part of both her and him inside of her. They were in that phase of their married life which was nothing short of a bliss for any couple out there. After all their love had gotten a new definition all again.

His unconditional love for her.

Which was once there in his heart but not anymore.

Things took such a bad turn that she couldn't do anything. She had no fault still she suffered the most.

Why?

Because she loved Ahmer Ahsan dearly.

And he loved his family more than that.

"Come on, Waniya."

The voice of Hareem reached her ears and she closed her eyes when a lone tear escaped from her closed lids.

It was time to go back to home which was now just a shelter for her.

__________________

He leaned against his car and glanced at the house in front of him with something akin to pain in his eyes. This was the same house his sister had left few days back. His family had vowed to never look back again. But there was string still attaching them to this damned place. The chord which was severed brutally without having any fault.

Waniya Moeez.

Or better Mrs. Waniya Ahmer

The woman he had loved madly.

The woman who was the sunshine in his dark life. Who taught him so much.

The same woman he broke with his hatred.