Chapter 2

*Flashback are in bold

The car stopped in the porch making Waniya jerk out of her thoughts. Her head shot up towards the house which was the same as she had left it. The same house which was hers for almost an year now. But this was different. From now on wards this place would not be that.

Not home.

Home is where your heart belongs to and she didn't feel her heart belong there anymore.

Her side of door was opened and before she could move Ahmer had placed his arm under her legs and picked her in his arms. His eyes ran over her swollen feet and then rested at the path ahead. She hadn't said anything. She didn't want to say anything. All these gestures of his were making her heart pain some more. How ignorant he was towards her in the past few weeks. He had always showered his love on her and his love came with a softness which wasn't expected out of a man like him. But it was reserved for her. She had never come across his side which was for strangers. Indifferent and cold. He had showed her that as well.

The side of his which she hated the most.

The side of his which was etched on her memory.

And now he was back to being the lover that he was with gentleness which was tenfold greater than before.

Was she a doll? When he wanted to, he played with her and then threw her away as if she had no value in his life.

Sobs were constricting her throat. She looked away not being able to control her emotions anymore. She was already feeling low all thanks to her pregnancy and on top of all these heart wrenching thoughts were taking a toll on her.

She clutched the lapel of his shirt when his eyes fell on her.

"Waniya..."

She looked at him with half closed lids and before he could call her once again her head rested in the cocoon of his neck.

"No..No!"

He rushed towards his room and called the doctor immediately.

One look at her and he slumped down at foot of the bed.

He deserved it. Not her.

__________________

An year passed sooner than Waniya had imagined. Ahmer was very much in contact with her over the phone and internet. They both had just told each other their feelings when he had to leave for the USA and she hadn't seen him in person after that. But he hadn't forgotten her. No matter how busy he was, he'd always managed to be in touch with her and this always put a smile on her face. There weren't any promises. But they knew they needed this. Each other and the connection forming between them.

But god knows why for last week he hadn't made a single phone call which had her worried. It had never happened before. Waniya adjusted her shawl around her shoulders while playing with her long hair. There was a gathering arranged by Ahmer's parents and along with Alishba and Hayam, they all were invited. She fastened the bracelet and picking up the phone came to the balcony of her room.

"The number you are trying, is currently unreachable. Please try again later."

She sighed pushing it in her purse.