Volume 2 part 9.

*splash*splash*

The pool was deeper than I thought, but swimming was really no trouble for me... though I drank few gulps of the water which probably had pee, or sweat, or... worse.

   As soon as I came out of the pool water with the kid who was still unconscious, I turned towards Julian to demand him to call to doctor while I performed chest compression to the kid.

  'Ah, alright,' he stuttered, & I coughed a few times, feeling choked. Nevertheless, I didn't stop.

   -Oh, I used to be so damn good swimming, but now I suck. What about my gold medals, huh? All my medals...

   *cough*cough*

The kid sprang up, & I sighed in relief. Soon, the boy started to cry, & I patted on his back to calm him down; 'It's ok, it's ok. No need to cry,' I comforted him, as I hugged the small boy into my chest.

   -If someone comforted me like this when I was crying... 

Soon, as the kid started to calm down, I did what I would've wanted someone to do, if it was me crying.

   'Don't cry, big sister will buy you something delicious, ok?'

-Not to ask where my parents are, but... just hold me like this. Even when I'm not crying.

   'Really?' he sniffed, sucking in a air suddenly, & I smiled; 'What would you like? Do you like ice-cream?'

  'My mother doesn't like me eating ice-creams because they're too cold,' he murmured, & I patted the back of his head; 'If you want, I can buy you one even if I get scolded by your mother. What flavor do you like?'

   'I like... strawberry. What do you like?'

'Hmm... coffee,' I answered to the already calmed kid; 'My child!' a woman screamed, & I moved my head to look back.

  'My child, get away,' she pushed me away, to hug her child close; 'What have you done to him? What did you do, you scum?!' she screamed at me.

   -Such a word towards someone who saved her child, how rude. Even though it's her fault for looking away from her...

   'She saved your child but why are you screaming at her?' Julian asked angrily, taking my side, & the trembling stopped. Instead I clenched my hands, & stood up with water droplets falling off my hair, & clothes.

   'Ah... I'm sorry,' she bowed down slightly, & I smiled at her in return; 'You have a cute kid, miss.'

'Thank you,' she bowed again, tears accumulating in the corner of her eyes as she bowed again; if someone saved me, I doubt anyone would've said thank you like this.

   'You seem...' I choked on a sob, but kept my smile; 'to love your child so much. How admirable... indeed, it would've been too sad, if I was any later than this to save your child.' My voice was shaking slightly as I told the woman.

    -How admirable... I'm jealous. I'm jealous of this child, so bad.

'Let's go back,' Julian tugged my hand, but I never drove my gaze away from the kid, who was hugging his mother back while sobbing. 

   'You... you look more like a human than ever,' Julian laughed when we came back into the hotel using the door we first came in by. Going was easier because most of the people focused on the kid who drowned this time.

   '... Because?'

'Your hair's mess, & you're dripping wet,' he commented, & only then did I remember that I just freaking jumped into a pool; 'Ah... right,' I touched my hair softly, to find my hair let down, &... messed up.

   'Wait... if I look like a human only now, then you guys don't look like real people either!' I stuck out my tongue at Julian; 'What? What do you mean by that-'

    'Just saying, I'm in the same league as you... but I don't think anyone will reach the person next to you,' I mused, & he burst out laughing, while Akito only stared at me weirdly.

   'You're actually fun, it seems,' he said laughing, & I smiled, unable to hold back; 'That... I've never been told that before, so I guess... thanks.'

  '... Wow, you sound so emo,' he nodded to himself, while Akito sighed, & passed us; 'Uh, wait! I forgot my shoes,' I cried after him but he passed me like he didn't hear a thing.

   'Mean.'

'I know, right?' Julian agreed, & followed after him; 'Wait, my shoes!' I screamed after both of them this time, but neither of them halted.

   'Ah, darn...'

-That feelings still not disappeared though... like something bad's about to happen.