Chapter 3

*Flashbacks are in bold.

The midnight air had never felt this soothing to her. Her bangles clad arms were resting against the car door brushing the soft material of the seat. The silence around was making her heart feel at peace.

She was so happy.

So in love.

"I can't believe we are doing this!"

Waniya turned to his suit clad form. His hair were no longer perfectly styled, instead they were all messed up indicating how many times he had ran his fingers through it.

"What are we doing, exactly?"

"Going in search of an open eat out place when this is our wedding night."

"Not my fault no one asked me to eat anything all day."

"We had food in the kitchen."

"Okay, I wanted to eat out. Is it a crime?"

Ahmer sighed then chuckled softly. This crazy woman was finally in his life, in his house and the starting itself had told him how fun this would be.

An year back they had gotten into this relation. And over the year it had told him how right this was. Waniya and him were in for a long run and they were proving it every day. Life kept on going. He kept on acing every business deal in his way while she excelled her field of economics. Now she had first hand experience of working in a top notched firm. They were always in touch. His whole friend circle knew how happily married he was. And finally it was time to go home. Just a week after his arrival and the Rukhsati had taken place. Just today. They had started a new life where there would be no distances or anything. Just them. Their happy ever after.

"Omg! It's opened!"

Waniya had shouted looking out of the window. He came out of his thoughts and smiled. Stopping the car to get the take out, he saw the anticipation in her eyes. His wife loved food. He'd been knew.

On the way back it was decided that it was not quite time to go back home. Instead he had pulled the car at their favourite spot. Seeing Waniya walking towards the berth in her heavy attire while munching on the burger she had just gotten, was both endearing and amusing.

"I told Hareem that I won't be eating anything today because you know, jitters. She took me way too seriously. And when we got to your house, I knew I wasn't setting down on anything homemade or like that. I was eating out. You were taking me there. That's it."

"Waniya."

"Hun?"

"Our house."

A faint smile reached her lips.

"Yeah, ours."

He placed his arm behind her on the berth while she kept on talking about everything. Anything. Whatever she was talking about he was listening to it. He'd listen to her gibberish all his life. And he was glad that he would.