It works

What do you want to see the most?
XxXxX

Thursday, June 7th
Belle's POV

"Belle! Belle!" I heard my father cry frantically. I threw down my book and ran to his workshop that was just an old shed that used to be moms office. "Yes papa!" I responded as I ran through the door that was just barely hanging on. "Look sweetheart! It works!" He cheered pulling me into a warm embrace dancing around, and dragging me with him.

"What works?" I questioned after he finally let me go. "Your mother's invention, the one we've been working on for years! All I had to do was replace the springs and interior mechanics. How did we miss this!" He said with a bright smile.

He walked us over to the old piano and looked over at me. "Will you do the honors." He said looking at the piano with admiration. I slowly walked over to the leaver and cranked it exactly 3 times and walked back to my father side. Like magic the piano began to play itself, playing mothers favorite tune lavenders blue dilly dilly, although it can be programmed for many tunes.

After mother passed away dad came to clean out her office and discovered a journal that gave detailed instructions on the 'self-playing piano', well she called it the phantom. Ever since then me and dad have been trying to construct it together but we could never get it right.

We didn't have many of the tools needed since money was tight after mom died and dad had to feed 11 kids, thats why all my brothers moved away since they were old enough but I stayed since I was too young and simply wanted to stay with dad.

As the song came to an end we both cheered and hugged each other for a long moment, "Were going to be rich Belle, I promised you a better life and this is our ticket." He whispered. "I'm going to go to town and get the paperwork settled to to get this on the market, it should be easy to make more with your mother's instruction." He said happily though I could see the sadness in his heart when he mentioned mom, it's always been a soft spot.

"I have to work today so I might not be here when you get back." I told him as we walked out of the workshop and into the house. "Have a good day at work sweetheart." He said as he left the house in his old beat up pickup truck. "Goodbye papa, good luck!" I waved him off before I went for a quick shower, rushing because I need to be at Clary's in 25 minutes.

Clary's is the coffee shop/bakery that I work at, it's one of my two jobs, I also teach ballet at a dance studio just in town. Even if everything does go nicely with the phantom I don't think I would quit my jobs. The little girls I teach and the people I work with are really my only friends.

I got out of the shower and dressed in my uniform which was just a black pair of jeans and a polo t-shirt. I tied my hair into a neat ponytail and walked out the door. It's not too long of a walk but I've managed for the past year. I arrived after about 20 minutes with barely seconds to spare.

I quickly went to the back and washed my hands after greeting my coworkers and throwing on my apron while checking the slips for what I needed to start baking. I felt two arms wrap around my middle as I began to knead the dough. "Bonjour belle." Styles said from behind me.  I gently pushed his arms off of my waist, feeling uncomfortable in such a position.

"Good morning Mr.Raymond, your not supposed to be back here." I said with a small blush tinting my cheeks. "Well I was passing through this side of town for a business meeting and I thought I would stop buy to see my Belle, seeing as I had some extra time." He smirked.

That explained the suit that my father could only dream of wearing. Styles Raymond was probably the richest man I've met. But it doesn't count because it's his fathers money, being only 22 he's never had to work for anything that I know of. I believe my father called him a 'trust fund baby'. "Well it was nice of you to stop by but I'm quite busy." I said not making eye contact.