1. AREN'T YOU A FUNNY ONE

| CHAPTER ONE |

AREN'T YOU A FUNNY ONE.

NATASHA FIELDS COULDN'T BE MORE excited. It was finally the day she was going into her fourth year at Hogwarts, meaning she no longer had to spend anymore time at home. Unlike most other teenagers, the blonde adored being at school; it was the only place she really felt at home. 

If you were looking at her life from the outside, it would look like paradise. Two rich parent - divorced but who was keeping track? Living in a literal mansion with anything she could ever possibly want. Well, everything that was material. People say that money can buy happiness but that couldn't be more false in Natasha's case, money took her parents away from her, giving her the loneliness childhood imaginable. The only person that ever showed her any love was her nanny. The woman was hired as soon as Natasha left the womb and then fired as soon as the girl turned eleven by her mother. As angry as Natasha was, she knew she was the one to blame.

When the blonde, blue eyes girl turned eleven, she received a special letter. A letter she never would've dreamed of getting. A letter that revealed that she was a witch. From that moment on, it seemed that her parents had become even more distant, which was soon resulted in a nasty divorce.

She stood at the Platform, a small smile gracing her cherry red lips. Her hand gripped her suitcase tightly as she looked out at the sea of people. Letting out a sigh, she couldn't help but watch the happy families saying their goodbyes. It was something Nat had never experienced. Her parents never had time to take her down to the station, meaning that her very first time she had wandered around London with a terrified expression on her face, looking for a Platform nine and three quarters. It seemed that luck was on her side that day when her eyes landed on a girl that looked her age with bright red hair that reached just below her shoulders. The girl was grinning widely as she spoke with both of her parents about Hogwarts. Nervously, eleven year old Natasha Fields walked over to the small family, a shy smile on her face as she asked about how to get onto Platform nine and three quarters. And that's how she met one of her best friends; Rosie Jefferson. 

Standing up on her tip-toes, Nat searched the crowd. She thought she spotted Rosie but it soon turned out to be the other family of redheads; The Weasley's. 

"Natty!"

Spinning around, Natasha grinned as soon as her ocean blue eyes landed on her much shorter best friend, "Rosie!" She dropped her suitcases and let the redhead fall into her arms, the two girls laughing happily as Nat lifted Rosie up ever so slightly before dropping her back down, "How was Paris?"

"It was incredible!" Rosie exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement, "I met this awesome--"

She got interrupted by the train's horn, indicating that they had five minutes to get onboard. 

"Come on, let's talk about it on the train," Natasha said reaching down to grab her suitcases, "I bet Grace has already found us a compartment already."

With that, the two Hufflepuffs made their way through the crowd, trying their best not to knock down any terrified looking first years. The blonde lead them through the corridor, keeping her head turned to the side as she looked for the familiar Slytherin. 

"Fields."

Natasha came to an abrupt stop, her eyes snapping to the boy standing in front of her, "Diggory," She nodded, her eyes looking up at the taller figure, watching as he ran his hand through his golden brown hair, his grey eyes practically glued to the younger girl in front of him.

"Guess who's the Quidditch Captain this year?" 

"That Rodrick kid?" 

"Aren't you a funny one," Cedric grinned, "Me."

"Oh, well I can't wait to lose again," Natasha said, patting his shoulder as she squeezed past him, carrying on looking for Grace.

"I see somethings haven't changed over the summer," Rosie commented from behind the blonde, her voice full of amusement.

Nat glanced over her shoulder, "What?"

Rosie smirked, "You and Diggory are still flirting."

"We're not flirting. And we never have."

"We'll see what Grace has to say about this."