27. Keerti's truth

Writer's point of view

Preeti was standing at the terrace of their house holding some papers in her hand. She lit the lighter and bring it close at the corner of the papers. Documents catch the fire immediately and soon flames rising up turning the documents into ashes.

She threw the burning papers into the bonfire which was lightning in the metal pot. Then she took her phone and dial a number.

"Neha, I had done my part. Now it's your turn." Tears slide down from her eyes and her voice turned heavy.

......

"Okey.." She hung up the phone and looked at the burning ashes of documents which she just burnt.

She sit down on the nearby bench and looked at the sky which turned into dark. Moon and stars shining, cutting the darkness of night and make it more beautiful.

She wants to tell Siddharth about the kidnapping but she was afraid that someone will hurt Siddharth or any other family member like last time.

No one at home. Bua ji an Mom went to meet their relatives along with Keerti and Reina. They wants to take her also but she had to stay back because she had important work to do before it got too late. Siddharth is not at home. He went out of town for two weeks for some work. Preeti tried to stop him but he was stubborn to go and that day they had their first serious fight after their marriage. After his accident Preeti was restless about his safety. She didn't want him to get away from her sight. He didn't call her since the day he went but she know he is safe. She can do anything for him. She wants to be strong and face any difficulties for him.

She knew destiny is playing with them again and testing their love but she didn't know to pass this test she had to coloured her hand with someone's blood.

Tears slide down from her eyes when she looked down on her hand which was coloured with someone's blood few days ago. She doesn't know how she live further in a guilt that she killed someone.

It was a stormy day. Rain was pouring heavily and Preeti rushed out from the mansion, after getting a call which she was waiting for whole day. She tried Siddharth's number many times but he wasn't picking up her call and leave the message that he will call her later.

She saw a cab was waiting for her, outside the house and someone was waiting for her inside the car. She set inside the cab and drove away from the opposite direction of the city.

But when she came at night her clothes were stained with blood. Her cream white shirt and denim jeans was stained with the blood and wasn't her. She wasn't wounded. It was the blood of the man she killed.

Preeti was looking like ghost like someone sucked her soul from inside her and now she turned into a dead body. Her eyes are puffy and blood shot red. Tears were didn't stopping in her eyes.

No one was at home. Everyone went to the relatives for two days and she stay back to complete the important task. She walked to her room like a lifeless body and hopped inside the shower.

She broke into tears as soon as cold water touch her cold skin.

"Ssiiddhhaarrrth.." She slide down to the floor while screaming his name. She was calling for him in pain. She wants him to hug her in his warm embrace and telling the soothing words in her ear that everything will be fine. He will take care of her.

She laid on the floor and curled into ball while cold water is falling on her. She is calling for help.

Strom wasn't calming down and Rain was pouring whole day and it was night now. It was like sky is also crying along with her, seeing her pain and she didn't know when she black out but when she woke up in morning she is still in shower and her body is burning up in high fever. Making her health condition worst than before.