Chapter 7

Talia POV

"God I hate you." Alicia said she snatched her phone back. We were just about to finish our break. I just laughed at her, I placed my hand over my chest, pretending she hurt my feelings again. "No you don't, you love me." I said with a smirk. She was going to reply back on my comment, but the diner phone started ringing so I left and headed toward it, picking it up while I smiled at her.

"This is Daisys Diner, how may I help you?" I said through the phone to the person ordering. This went on for about two hours. I tended to the phone and back counter, while Alicia and a new girl tended the floor. It was packed on the inside as much so I didn't have to leave my spot and help out.

It was now 9pm when I was able to leave. I took off my apron, hung it up and left. As I waited for the bus, I turned my phone on and seen I had a couple miss calls and voicemails. So I played them and it was nothing I liked. Every miss call was from office jobs I applied for, telling me that they filled the jobs up and I didn't get it. Which I knew I wouldn't since I didn't have the experience for it, even though it said I didn't need any. I sat back and groaned, knowing I was tired and wanted to just go home and sleep.

The bus finally arrived after a few minutes. I arrived home after a ten minute ride and walked straight into my house and to the shower. After my shower, I went and laid on my bed and closed my eyes, letting the darkness consume me.

I did this for the next two months, look for another job, went to work, went home after shift, showered and sleep. Every single day, with me losing hope every single hours that passed without a call back for an interview. The only difference is that I paid my rent on time, thanks to Kelly. But I still needed another job because I haven't been myself lately. This job searching is draining me. I haven't even went out with Alicia when she asked because I didn't have the money to spend and I didn't want her to always pay for things. When I told her this, she understood and had been asking way less then she's use to. That's only because she has been busy with someone and that someone's name is Butch.

So for the last two months, they have been talking and dating and she blushes telling me everything. From their conversations, to their dates and to them expressing their feelings to each other. She also constantly thanks me for pushing her to talk to him. I ignore her every time and brush it off because I only did it because she deserved to take that risk and get a man that will treat her right. Butch has even been around when I stopped by her house for dinner and we have head a lot of conversations.

Of course the first conversation we had alone since they started dating and I seen them getting serious was me threatening him to not hurt her or I'll cut his balls and grind them in a blinder and feed it to him in the gravy with his mash potatoes. He just smiled and said that he loves my protective side. I told him I didn't see Alicia as my friend but more like a sister since she has always been here for me since I moved here over three years ago.

With Alicia, she may be dating now but she always makes sure we have our binge time, a girls day to where we drool over Morgan and Reid.

There was this one time where Butch came over during one of those times and he sat there, arms across his chest and mocked us about our comments about them. Mostly Alicia comments, which I found funny because even though he won't admit it, I knew he was jealous that she was making hot and horny comments about Reid. I would just laugh and after that day, he never came back to join one of our girls day.

Butch was a sweet man. He was like what Alicia would call him 'a big teddy bear'. She said he looked all scary but he is actually the sweetest man she has ever met and of course she had to brag about their sex life. Which made me go back to that one night with that mysterious man, Rider. I knew Butch knew him but we both never brung it up or mentioned it when we were around each other. Alicia told him how I never rarely have one night stands and had none for awhile before him. Well she didn't describe it like that, her version was more like, 'I'm glad your friend cleaned out her cobwebs.' It was so annoying and embarrassing but all Butch did was laugh and we left it alone after that.

I just finished a twelve hour shift at the diner since it was Saturday and we had two birthday dinners. So I was really busy. I wasn't able to eat but it was worth it with the $150 tips I received in total from just between the two party's.

I got home and took a shower and went to the kitchen to warm up some pasta I made yesterday for lunch. But the moment I opened it, my stomach growled and I started to feel nauseous again. I ran to the bathroom and emptied out all the water I drank today.

Yeah, I defiantly need to make an appointment because it's starting to get annoying. It's been happening the last week because I haven't been eating right but even when I do, I still puke.

I threw the food in the garbage and made me some lemon honey tea. I drank it slowly, happy that the honey and lemon was helping with the nausea.

"Defiantly gotta call the doctor in the morning", I told myself before I fell asleep.