Chapter 39, I love you

ADORA'S POV

The sunset was grazing across the horizon as me and a sleeping Catra drove home. She was curled up against the door draped in my heavy Letterman, a gentle pur radiating from her, barely audible over the sounds of the evening. The street lamps where starting to flick on as I pulled in front of my apartment. I reached across the center console of my jeep and gentle shook her knee. She bolted up and looked around confused until her eyes settled on me tiredly.

"Hey Adora" she smiled and rubbed her eyes with a yawn.

"We are home" I said with a smile, unbuckling my seat belt.

"No duh, you wouldn't have woken me up otherwise" she smirked and got out of the jeep faster than I expected.

I followed her up the concrete steps to my tiny apartment. I unlocked the door with a yawn and stepped into the cramped place. Catra dropped her soccer bag with a sigh as I kicked off my converse. I flicked on the lights and stepped into the kitchen.

"What do you wanna eat Catra" Catra plopped on to the couch as I swung the fridge open to reveal my lack of food.

We need to go shopping. We only have turkey bacon, milk and Granola bars. Two of which she can't eat...

"Nothing. I wanna sleep until I physically cannot anymore" Catra looked up at me with drooping eyelids and a sleepy grin," I know I said I would make it up to you blondie, but I'm way to tired to get in the mood "

"That's fine. But why would you need to be in a mood to make enchiladas? I guess every cook has a th-"

"That's what you meant by make it up to?! God Adora you are literally a baby" Catra erupted into a bubbly and heart warming laugh that made me stomach erupt into butterflies.

"What did you think I meant?! Scorpia said you make good enchiladas" Crossing my arms and kicking the empty fridge shut before turning to face my laughing girlfriend.

"I thought you meant sex dummy" I could feel my face heat up with the fire of a hundred suns as her laugh filled the room once again, " But Scorpia wasn't lying. I used to make them when Entrapta and Scorpia wanted to have a tea party as kids. I was the only child responsible enough to use an oven, so I cooked "

I desperately tried to recover from my display of ignorance. The warm the in my face slowly drained, but Catra was still laughing. I crossed my arms and leaned back trying to look as chill as possible before asking my next question.

"You'll still make me enchiladas eventually, right?" My voice tried to sound irritated and flirty, but it was a mere squeak under Catra's giggles. 

" Of course princess, just tell me when and I'm on it " She smiled and made grabby hands at me," Now come here, I wanna cuddle"

I laughed and slid onto the couch next to her. She put an arm around my shoulder as I nuzzled my neck into the crook of her neck. She struggled to unite my hair from my signature ponytail, but eventually I felt the weight of it on my shoulders. Her fingers played with my hair, gently brushing the back of my neck every so often.

"I hope you know I'm not letting you get up until the sun comes up" She mumbled tiredly into my ear," You are like a big warm blanket"

"Fine with me" I giggled into her neck.

I could feel her shift away slightly, her shoulder falling away from my head. She lifted my chin from her shoulder with a bruised finger, guiding my face to hers. Catra placed a gentle kiss on my nose with a smile.

"I love you...." She giggled as I tried to contain my stupid grin.

I could feel my heart exploding and my face heating up, but I was to lost in thought to care.

Shit.... Catra loves me.

God damn... This closed off dorky ass hole loves me? I never wanna leave this moment. The moment where nothing will ever get between us.

She smirked at my reaction and kissed me lips gently, pulling me from my thoughts. She smiled into it and put a soft hand on my cheek. I let out a stiffled laugh as her cinnamon and smoke flavored lips danced across my own. She gently pulled away, smiling at me happily.

"You love me?" I giggled

"You are such an idiot" Gently poked me inbetween the eyes and went back to relaxing.

I'm totally fine with this dumb ass being my dumb ass...

"I love you too" I grinned happily as my head found its way back to her neck.

Her fingers once again started playing with my hair as moonlight flooded through my half opened curtains. I nuzzled in closer to her warm body, feeling sleep tug at the back of my conscious.

She loves me....

WHAT'S UP DORKS?
I'm a little less busy cause I graduated from.therapy and marching band is cancelled. So ya know, literally my only human interactions and things that made me happy are gone 😊.

Anyway sorry for the wait. I know some people thought this would be a kinda smutty chapter cause I got DMs about it, but it wasn't vibing cause I don't really like writing smut. It's also kinda a fuller chapter too, but none the less I hoped you liked it

Adios!