Chapter 6

Talia POV
2 Days After Bar Night

'BANG! BANG! BANG!'

I shot up out my bed and groaned to someone banging on my door like a mad person. I pulled my blanket off of me and ran towards the door and swung it open. I was about to cuss out who it was until my eyes widen, seeing my landlord. His was one ugly man. His huge belly hanging out his dirty shirt. His hair in all different direction, he yellow teeth and rough stubble beard. He was standing there with an envelope in his hand. Which was the envelope I dropped off at his house late last night after work.

"You do know your late on paying rent again. If this happens again, I'll kick you out. You are literally the worse tenant ever. Always late paying rent but I'm letting you know right now, one more time and I'll be happily to kick you out! Your lucky I'm not doing it right now!" He said angrily and I just nodded my head. He walked off and I shut my door.

"I really got to look for another job." I said to myself as I went to my kitchen and made me breakfast. I seen that it was 9:15 in the morning. I had a shift at the diner at 12:00. So that gave me a little over an hour to look for another job. I made me some toast with a butter and powered sugar on it.

(A/N It's soooo good 🥰)

I made me some coffee and while
it was brewing, I went and grabbed my laptop off my dresser in my room, along with the charger. I sat down on the couch and plugged it in the outlet in the wall, to my left. I placed my laptop on the coffee table and went to grab my breakfast and coffee.

Bringing it back to the living room, I sat on the floor and opened my laptop, logging in. As I waited for it to start up, I took a bite of my toast and took a sip of my coffee.

I opened the internet and pulled up google. For the next hour and half, I search for jobs, called some places and emailed my resume. Which was kind of boring since I only been working one job and barely had any experience in anything else besides waitressing. The only good thing was that Kelly let me put some of the jobs I went and helped her with to make extra money here and there. I helped at the shelter or recreation center for after school kids to come and do homework and hang out.

A couple of the job I did apply at were office jobs that had no experience needed or must of a high school diploma or GED, which I gladly had. But what I mainly applied at were more waitressing or host jobs since that's what I advanced mostly in, job wise I mean.

I finished around 11:00 and closed my laptop. I went to take a shower and got dress for work and left at 11:45, making it just on time for shift. I walked in and was happy that it wasn't packed yet. It just turned into lunch rush so I had time to get my apron on and put my things away. I walked out the back room and to the front and saw Alicia smiling and texting at her phone. I knew who she was texting because after begging her all night to text Butch, she finally did and they have been texting since. I stood in front of her and she still haven't seen me so I snatched her phone out her hand.

"Heyyy!" She yelled, "Give it back." I shook my head and was able to read a couple texts before she snatched it back and hit my arm, playfully.

"Your so annoying." She said and I placed my hand on my chest as to make it look like she hurt my feelings, "You are so rude." She just shook her head at me, "I don't know what to do with your dramatic ass sometimes." I gasped, "I am not dramatic!" I wined and she raised a brow at me. I smirked at her, "But you still love me so it's okay." She laughed, "Yeah, that is true."

We talked for about another five minutes before the phones started to ring and the doors started opening as people filed in for their lunch break. Alicia groaned as she put her phone down in her apron pocket and pulled out her notepad to take orders.

I turned towards the phone and picked it up as I took down orders gave them to the chef. When he seen I was putting down order after order, he groaned and I laughed at him, "Awe Alejandro, get ready because it's about to get way worse." When I said that, just on cue, the phone started ringing again. Earning a laugh from me and frown from Alejandro.

As rush hour continued, I couldn't wait for my break. I was just two hours into my shift and I already knew that today was going to be a long day, which made my shift drag out.