12: Nathan

Randomly dedicating this chapter to a commenter like always, and who do you think the unknown person is? Thanks for all the love on this story<3

  Five Days Later

  Unknown P.O.V

  She was alone. Her little friend wouldn't be coming for another month, and her little friend's bodyguard wouldn't be there either.

  I knew what I had to do.

  Darcy's P.O.V

  I stuck the Ramen noodles in the pan re-adjusted Harry's hat on my head. It still smelled like him- a mixture of Old Spice and pepper. I knew that someday the smell would go away, and that sent a wave of sadness over me. These past days have been filled with me being alone in the flat, heating up Ramen and watching Judge Judy reruns. Tiff and I were supposed to hang out today, but then it started snowing and the roads were bad, so even if I wanted to go out I couldn't.

  Harry had tweeted me yesterday briefly, but he said he had to go around dinnertime. Yesterday was Thursday, which meant he was leaving me for his date with Vanessa. I tweeted him good luck and that was the end of it. I couldn't tell him what my feelings were. Never.

  Eleanor was supposed to be coming up today, but her flight was canceled from the snow and all the flights in from where she was, Ireland, were booked for the Holidays, even though Christmas was a month away. I wished she would have gotten to come, since it would have been nice knowing someone else.

  I got a job working with Tiff at her parent's restaurant. They owned an Italian food place that was really popular, I could already tell easily and I'd only worked there once. I was supposed to work again today, but with the snow the restaurant was closed.

  Speaking of the snow, it was coming down hard and sticking easily to the ground below. And so I guess it wasn't a surprise to me when the power shut off, including the heater, and it got so cold that my teeth chattered. My block of Ramen noodles were hardly cooked, and I didn't have any fireplace. I shuddered, running over to my bed and grabbing a blanket to wrap myself around, when I heard a loud knock on my door.

  For some reason, this startled me. I was in a dark room, defenseless, and for the past two years have been living in a basement. I tried to calm my breathing as I opened the door to see a handsome lad standing in front of me with a candle.

  "Hey, new girl. A bunch of us are going to the hotel across the street, their power is still on. You coming?" He asked, his voice deep and husky. I looked around him to see if there were anyone nearby, and there were a cluster of people heading across the street already.

  "Um, sure." I said, grabbing my coat from the rack and slipping it over my arms. I stepped out and locked my door, following this stranger down the hallway. I didn't know why I was even doing this, because for all I knew he could be just like William and Pamela. I stopped when we were halfway through the hallway, unsure. The boy turned and gave me a look, so I just kept following him until we were outside.

  "I'm Nathan." He introduced himself, a smile playing on his lips. "You're that girl... Darcy Monroe?" He guessed. I nodded, the wind nearly knocking me over. There were hardly any cars on the streets that were covered in a white blanket. It was hard to see things in front of me due to the white flakes whipping past my face. Nathan reached his hand out for me to grab, and I hesitated.

  "What are you waiting for?" He said over the whistling of the wind. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me across the street. We both ran into the hotel, covered in pieces of snow. The fancy lobby was jam packed with people, some standing together in groups, some watching the television, others complaining to the poor lady at the front desk. I shuddered as someone opened the door again, following Nathan through the crowd of people and toward the television.

  "That storm is crazy." He said, sitting down at a chair in front of the television. I unzipped the front of my coat as I sat down on a chair next to him, not focusing on the television. "So, you like Cheshire?"

  "I grew up here." I said absentmindedly as a man grabbed the television remote and flipping through. A few people yelled channel numbers at him, but he stopped once he got to a talk show and pulled what I guessed was his daughter to the front of the crowd. She sqealed and sat down in front of it, and a few people sighed.

  "Girls love One Direction. It's like a disease." Nathan laughed, shrugging off his jacket and placing it on the armrest of the seat. My eyes wandered to the television, where a man introduced the boys. I watched as one by one they ran on, smiling and blowing kisses to the crowd. My heart pounded when I saw Harry, smiling his cheeky smile, and sitting towards the middle of the group.

  "Hello?" Nathan said. I snapped out of my thoughts, shaking my head. "I said, when did you move here."

  "Oh. Um, about a week ago." I said quickly. Nathan chuckled at me, my eyes glued to the screen.

  "Don't tell me you like them." He teased. I glared back at him, but I knew that he was only playing with me.

  "I know one of them." I answered. He shut up then, and I tuned in to the show. The man kept rambling on about stupid things, their new album, their concerts, their outfits. Finally, he asked the boys if any of them had girlfriends. My eyes were trained on Harry, who didn't raise his hand.

  "You were spotted with a girl at dinner yesterday. Who was she?" The man asked him curiously, resting one hand on his chin. Harry blushed a light pink color and his eyes shifted in between his band members. Louis Tomlinson nudged him playfully, and I could see Harry glare at him quickly.

  "She's not my girlfriend... yet, but I really like her. Her name is D- Vanessa."

  Was I the only one that caught that?

  "D-Vanessa?" The interviewer questioned.

  "I was about to say Darcy, but she's just my friend from Cheshire. I've been thinking about her lately, she's got to go to a trial tomorrow and it's been on my mind. But we're not romantically involved at all."

  "Have you ever been romantically involved with her?" The interviewer pressed. I was gripping tightly on the armrest of the chair, anxiously awaiting his response.

  "She's my friend, I don't think of her like that."

  I was like a balloon. In that moment, I could practically hear myself pop. He'd done it again.