06.

Chapter 6 | Ivy & Lucas

Lucas:

"Ugh do we have to," I moan as Ivy giggles in my lap, peppering kisses down my jaw.

My shirt has somehow disappeared and Ivy pushes me back onto the bed so that I'm lying down and she's straddling me. She runs her hands down my chest as her strawberry blonde hair falls across her face. The sun catches the side of her head, giving her a golden halo and she smiles so brightly that her dimples actually make an appearance. She's not wearing much makeup so her freckles are finally visible and I reach out and trace my finger across the tiny dots sprinkled across the bridge of her nose.

She bops my own nose and chuckles. "Yes! We've gotta go to the mall!"

I sigh and lean up to press another kiss against her lips. I love when Ivy is in this element. When she's actually being herself and having fun and not giving two shits about what people think of her.

"Can't we just chill here," I ask, running a hand down the side of her body. She shivers under my touch and leans down to kiss me. "We could watch a mov-

But she cuts me off with a kiss. "Or we could continue doing that." I chuckle after pulling away, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.

She laughs and slaps her hand gently across my chest. "C'mon babe, we can do that later, but right now we gotta go, school starts in a couple days and I still need to get supplies." She gets up from my bed and begins buttoning her blouse. "And most importantly I need a new outfit."

"Don't you have enough clothes already?" I mumble, sitting up and swinging my legs off of the bed.

Ivy says nothing but sends me a glare that instantly causes me to shut up.

"Fine," I exhale, giving in, knowing there is no point arguing with her.

I pick up my shirt from the floor of the bedroom and begin to pull it over my head as Ivy goes to the bathroom across the hall.

As I'm putting on my shoes, movement from across the room catches my eye.

From my window I can see right into Isabella's room. She's standing next to the window ledge talking to someone, nagging her finger menacingly at whoever she's speaking to. After a second thee other person comes to into view and I see that it's Mia, who rolls her eyes and puts her hands on her hips immaturely.

Another person comes into view and the two turn to look at them, I take a closer glance and see that it's a guy and my heart leaps in my chest, but after peering a little closer I see that his hand is wrapped around Mia's and I scan his face and quickly realise that he's Mia's boyfriend, Sammy, and my pulse which is hammering for no reason, stops again.

"Babe are you coming?" Ivy calls out from the landing and I snap back into reality.

I quickly tie up my laces and jump up from the bed. "Yeah, I'll be out in a second."

As I quickly run down the stairs I see Ivy who is waiting by the front door, tapping her feet impatiently. "Took you long enough," she snaps, pulling open the door.

"Calm down." I smack a kiss on her cheek and wrap an arm around her shoulder, ignoring her snappy tone as we walk across the porch to where my car is parked and she softens at my touch.

"So what universities are you thinking of applying to?" I ask her as I clamber into the drivers side of the car.

"Hm I'm not sure yet," she replies fiddling with the aux cord and plugging her phone in. "I think I might take a gap year before going off to college. How about you?"