Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter twenty-eight

His lips twitched and a small smile adorned his face feeling his baby in his arms and seeing him up so close. It was difficult for Srishti to stifle the gasp that escaped her mouth because she saw him smile for the very first time and the monster truly had a beautiful smile.

"He's tiny, just like you." He whispered and she should've taken offence at being called tiny but in that moment she didn't even register his words.

The door opened and Srishti looked at Aditya and Zevah stepping in. When her eyes landed back on the father-son duo, she frowned because the smile had vanished. What did she expect? For him to keep smiling the whole day?

Zevah came beside her and hugged her dearly before looking at the baby in Sahil's arm while Aditya stood beside him from the moment he entered.

"I want to hold him." He declared and Zevah frowned at him.

"I will hold him first. I'm his aunt." She argued and he made a bad face at her.

"So what am I? A stranger?" He scoffed and she wanted to hit someone. Srishti looked at the them with a smile and shook her head whereas Sahil cared less and kept staring at their baby in his arms.

"No one is going to get to hold him. He's mine, so both of you shutup." Sahil declared and Srishti pursed her lips to stop the laugh. Zevah and Aditya glared at Sahil who didn't even notice about it.

The door opened and the nurse walked in grabbing all their attention. She stood before Sahil and smiled at him.

"Can I please take the baby for some regular tests?" She asked politely and Sahil nodded handing over the baby to her. After she left the four of them looked here and there making the atmosphere awkward.

"Okay until he comes back, anyone thought of a name?" Aditya asked breaking the tension in the air. Zevah sat beside Srishti's bed and asked her through her eyes to which Srishti just blinked.

"I have." Srishti whispered and Sahil looked at her, so did Aditya and Zevah.

"Ayaansh. Ayaansh Malhotra." She announced with a smile and Sahil could feel a smile forming on his lips yet again. He couldn't stop it even if he tried or maybe he couldn't stop the emotions that attacked him all of a sudden.

"And why Ayaansh?" Aditya asked with a grin and Srishti smiled at him.

"Because Ayaansh means a ray of light ; a part of parents and he is my ray of light. From here marks the new beginning of our lives and I can't be more thankful to have him by my side." She looked away immediately as Sahil stared at her. Her teary eyes didn't go unnoticed by anyone but no one commented on it.

The nurse walked in with their baby and looked at the four faces which were staring at her.

"Well everything's alright. The baby is healthy and fine so don't worry." She informed and all of them sighed in relief. Amused she shook her head before looking at Srishti.

"The baby needs breastfeeding so ─" She trailed off and Aditya and Zevah immediately nodded moving out of the room while as Sahil got up to leave, the nurse stopped him.

"The father of the child can stay." She said but when Sahil looked at Srishti, she looked away feeling uncomfortable and so he chose to stay out.