↻28

Seowoo's legs were basically burning as she tried to keep up with the boy but at this point, it was as if he had all the energy in the world- the wind blowing through his hair and a sheen of thin sweat glistening on his skin

She stopped, hands on her knees before she gave up and fell to the ground- laying as she looked up at the sky.

It was a moment before footsteps approached her.
"Oh what a shame." He commented wryly, no trace of remorse on his tongue.

Seowoo glared at him through her struggles as she closed her eyes and placed her arm over them to conceal herself from the light.

"I think I'm dying."
"Good."
"Woah," she commented, opening her eyes and letting her arm fall to her side as she blinked the blurriness from her sight along with the tiny black ants dancing in her vision. "I feel like I'm high."

Chenle rolled his eyes, checking the stop watch.
"Not good enough, go again."

"What!" Seowoo exclaimed, sitting up way too fast that she felt the pain radiating through her head, wincing. "At this point it's like I'm training to be a sprinter!" She exclaimed as Chenle began to walk off.

"You could at least help me up."

Chenle halted, turning around to look at her.
"You need help?" He asked, lacking any concern and she nodded.

He was apathetic for a moment before turning around coldly.
"That's a shame."

"Dick." She muttered under her breath as he began to walk towards the end of the track.

Seowoo sat there as she regained her breath and stability, looking off into the distance where the sky was clear and the clouds were prevalent.

"Don't you think the clouds are beautiful, they make me feel calm and grounded."
"You look too deep into everything, they're just clouds."

"You know, when you're alone and you look at the sky...the clouds seem different in that moment."
"Okay." She bit out sarcastically and he shook his head.
"The clouds make me feel less lonely." Jeongmin spoke with a smile.

Seowoo felt the simmering of the weight she pushed away crawling back onto her chest as she trained her gaze on the clouds.

"You were wrong, the clouds make me feel more lonely." She whispered, tearing her eyes away from the clouds and to the ground where her fingers trailed over the grass.

Chenle was taking a sip from his water when he glanced at the girl who sat on the field with her head hung down.

"Don't you think you should be nicer to her?"
"No."
"Chenle," Jeno warned, "she's apart of our team."
"No she isn't and she never will be."

"She's a nice girl."
"Yeah, that's why I don't like her." Chenle retorted as he passed Jeno the water bottle and headed inside.

Chenle pushed through the doors, the cool gusts of air from the AC blowing down on him which further made the t-shirt clung to his sweaty body.

Reaching the shower room in the bathroom, he locked the door and walked to the sink to splash his face with cold water.

His wet fingers ran through his hair to push it away from his eyes, glancing at his own reflection in the mirror.

"Being nice doesn't get you anywhere you son of a bitch."
"D-don't call her a bitch!"
"Why not?" He drawled out. "Should I call her a whore instead- that's more like it isn't it?"

Chenle shook his head to rid the thoughts as he peeled his t-shirt off and threw it onto the floor- glancing down at the new purple and blue hues decorating his skin.

His fingers grazed it, wincing slightly at the tender pain fuelling through him.

"Being nice gets you killed, killed like her- remember that." His voice dripping with venom as he snarled with a tantalizing smirk on his lips.

He took in a deep breath, clearing his head of his thoughts as he turned on the shower after ridding of his clothes.

The hot steam pelted down on him as he stood there robotically, the fiery hot droplets searing onto his skin as it was almost like he could hear the screams of a child bouncing off the walls.

The pleads for it to stop, the pain to go- the heat to cease.

Chenle rested a palm on the shower wall, turning the dial so the shower was now colder as he was unable to withstand the heat of his past.

Water cascading down his black hair, palm leaning against the tile as his eyes drifted to the faint burn scars on his arms.

He closed his eyes as a mental block to his thoughts, the cold water almost numbing him as it poured over his body.

So my guy has a bit of a background hmmm

Should I make him more cold to Seowoo orrrr