Chapter XXI

Aquaria woke up and the birds were chirping. She groaned and rolled over, falling off the bed.

"Gah!" She yelped, but quickly jumped to her feet.

"Princess, are you awake?" Faith called from the door.

"Yeah! I'm up!" Aquaria replied as she smoothed out her nightgown.

"Do you need help?" Faith asked and Aqua hummed.

"No thank you, Faith! I'm good this morning!" Aqua told her as she started to get dressed.

She brushed her hair before throwing it into a half french braid. She slipped on her boots and ran out of her room, nearly running into her dad.

"Aquaria, sweetheart, what have I told you about wearing boots?" Frederic raised an eyebrow.

"It's not proper... but Rapunzel doesn't even wear any shoes. Leather boots are comfortable! And these ones have heels! Mom bought them for me!" Aquaria told her father who sighed.

"Fine, but only because I know you're going to the lab today," Fred said before he hugged her.

"Thanks, dad. I love you! I am gonna be here for breakfast though," Aqua said with a smile and Fred nodded.

"Then let's go eat." Frederic walked with his youngest daughter to go to the dining room for breakfast.

"Aquaria, please... you're my last hope..."

Aqua stiffened when she heard the voice again from the other day.

"Aquaria, are you alright?" Frederic asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thought I heard something, but it was nothing," Aqua brushed it off and they kept walking.

Who was that voice?

🧪

Varian was getting ready to ask Aqua out on a proper date. He wasn't nervous, well... he was a little nervous. He wanted to make this the best date since he hadn't really taken her out to a restaurant before.

"I don't see why you're nervous, Goggles. You're already dating. It's not like she's gonna say no," Eugene said as he walked up to the palace with Varian.

"I know, but I'm nervous that this date won't go perfectly. We've gone on dates before, but I've never taken her to a nice restaurant or anything like this. I want it to be perfect," Varian said as he held onto his sleeve gently.

"Just relax, kid. Squirt is gonna be happy no matter where you take her or what happens," Eugene said. "I know it's really cheesy  but she loves you too much to care if something goes wrong. I mean hey, she still loved you even after you told her that you hate her after you tried to kill her and her whole family. You also took over Corona and made her parents forget ev-"

"Yeah... you don't have to remind me..." Varian grumbled, but his heart fell. She shouldn't still be in love with him after all that. She should've wanted to cut him out of her life completely.

He could hear Aqua scolding him for having those thoughts and it made him smile a bit because he knew that he was lucky to have her. He still felt like he had to prove himself even though Aquaria kept telling him that he didn't need to.

"Hey, Varian! I was just about to come see you!" Aqua ran over and Varian smiled.

"I just ate lunch and I wanted to ask you a question," Varian said and Aqua hummed softly as Eugene left them to be alone.