𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟔𝟎

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Master Secura and Astrid stood side by side before the holoprojector as Master Windu, Anakin, Master Ki Mundi, Master Yoda, and Commander Cody's-- the clone trooper leading Obi Wan's troops-- holograms flickered in front of them to form a circle around the holoprojector. 

Master Windu was saying, his eyes shadowed with concern, "Anakin, have you sensed anything amiss from the Chancellor during your time with him?" 

Astrid had already been looking at Anakin, so she saw the flicker of hesitation that crossed his face for a split second-- so fast that anyone not already looking at him wouldn't have seen it-- before he spoke, "I have not, Master Windu." 

Anakin's eyes found Astrid's, and Astrid frowned in silent question at his momentary hesitation. But Anakin quickly looked away, his hands clenching at his sides. 

Astrid caught movement to her left, and she glanced over to find Commander Cody speaking to someone out of view of the holoprojector. Commander Cody suddenly turned around to face them again as he hurriedly interjected, "Master Windu, may I interrupt? General Kenobi has made contact with General Grievous, and we have begun our attack." 

Astrid perked up at his words, and she noticed Anakin straighten at attention across from her. Elation filled Astrid at the realization that the war was just moments away from conclusion-- a final conclusion. 

"Thank you, Commander," Mace Windu replied with a trace of a smile before turning to Anakin. "Anakin, deliver this report to Chancellor Palpatine. His reaction will give us a clue to his intentions." 

Anakin looked reluctant to leave the meeting, but nevertheless he replied with a dip of his head, "Yes, Master." 

He casted one quick glance at Astrid before his hologram flickered and disappeared. A moment later, Commander Cody's hologram disappeared, as well, as he went off to take his command for the battle on Utapau. 

"I sense the Dark Side around Chancellor Palpatine," Master Windu spoke gravely. 

"Surrounds all of us the Dark Side is," Master Yoda added thoughtfully. "Unclear our senses are."

As quickly as Commander Cody and Anakin had disappeared, Ahsoka's hologram suddenly appeared in Anakin's place, and Astrid inhaled sharply in surprise as she beheld her friend for the first time in years. 

Anakin was right. 

Ahsoka had grown older. Her face was more mature, her blue and white striped headsails were longer, and her limbs stronger and more defined. Ahsoka wore a darker blue and silver armor, and her arms were crossed over her chest in an almost defiant manner as she beheld the gathered Jedi. 

Astrid realized with a small pang that Anakin had just barely missed seeing Ahsoka again. 

As if unperturbed by Ahsoka's sudden appearance-- making Astrid believe he and Master Yoda had summoned Ahsoka before Astrid and Master Secura had arrived-- Master Windu said, "Yes, but I sense a plot to destroy the Sith, and with the Dark Side clinging to Chancellor Palpatine, I cannot help but suspect he is involved." 

 Master Mundi added, "If he does not give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then Chancellor Palpatine should be removed from office." 

"That could be a dangerous move," Master Windu replied thoughtfully. "The Jedi Council would have to take control of the Senate in order to secure a peaceful transition."

"And replace the Congress with Senators who are not filled with greed and corruption," Mundi added, the two Jedi in complete agreement over the next course of action. 

Worry shadowed Master Yoda's eyes as he commented, "To a dark place this line of thought will carry us. Hmm? Great care we must take." Master Yoda turned to Ahsoka as he asked, "Ahsoka, news to report have you?"