59:\\ Aaron

Violet

"I didn't take you for someone who was afraid of heights." Aaron laughed as I tried to remain composed. He wanted us to go on one of those rides that shoots you up forty feet, stops for a few seconds, then drops you at fifty miles per hour. There was no way my heart could handle that.

"I'm not," I said, but my voice was shaking.

"You can hold my hand if you're scared," Aaron said, turning to me, his gray eyes sending shockwaves across my body. I smiled, unable to stop myself. He could be too cute sometimes.

"I'm not scared." I crossed my arms, trying not to giggle as he copied my stance. The line moved and soon enough, we were on it and I was screaming and grabbing Aaron's hand for dear life while he laughed the entire time.

The ride stopped in midair and froze as horror filled my features. I don't want to fall, keep me here.

I looked down at the city surrounding me and the rest of the amusement park, everyone looked so tiny, like ants. My heart was racing rapidly as I looked up to be met with the clouds and the large tree. It kept going up and I couldn't bear to look at my toes. I was so afraid.

"It's okay, they built this machine for fun, it's not intended to kill you." Aaron reassured from beside me, but it did nothing to calm me down. As soon as the drop began, I was screaming and grasping onto my seat for dear life. I was so afraid as it kept dropping and I shut my eyes.

And then, it was all over.

"It wasn't that bad." I said shakily. The ride ended and my adrenaline was still running high. Aaron was laughing as he helped unbuckle me from the seat. As soon as my feet hit the ground, my knees buckled and I almost fell. I was still shaking as Aaron wrapped his arms around my waist and grabbed me before I could hit the ground.

"Wasn't it?" He smirked, still holding me as my entire body filled with a sense of comfort. "Is that the craziest thing you've ever done?"

"No, meeting you was the craziest thing." I shot back, smirking as I removed his hands from my waist and almost fell again. I saw him instantly try to reach to help me again, but put his hands back to his sides as I finally stood up. "Was this the craziest thing you've ever done?"

We walked side by side as we went to an ice-cream cart. I got a cone and Aaron got an ice-cream sandwich, I wondered which one was messier.

We had been there for about six hours and still hadn't gone on every ride or explored every place at the park. The sun was going to set in a couple of hours and this incredible day would have to end. Oddly enough, I didn't want it to end. I was having too much fun without all the conspiracies and the murders and the sadness of our town. This was a much needed break and I was so happy to be able to spend the day with Aaron.

"When I was twelve, a friend of mine dared me to mess with a mad scientist and so I did and he got so pissed. He almost hit me with his briefcase and I skated away so scared and paranoid by anyone in a lab coat for years. I wouldn't even go to the doctor." I was rather unimpressed; Aaron seemed like an adventurous guy so it was hard to believe that the craziest thing he had ever done was mess with an old guy.

"Some friend." I muttered, unsure of what to say. My heart was still racing and the new sugar in my system wasn't exactly helping my case.

"You might know him actually." Aaron said, he glanced at me, then away quickly. He reached for my hand and led me to a fancy wooden bench besides a tree covered in lights.

"Yeah? Was your friend Stacy, because that's the only person in town that I would've been friends with at twelve." I said, sitting on the bench beside him. I turned to face him as the ice-cream dripped onto my hand. He pulled out a napkin from his pocket and took my cone from my hand. He took a bite out of it before handing it back to me with a smirk on his face. My hands were sticky and he had finished his ice-cream sandwich already.