five | drinking and interruptions

My mind automatically perked up when I heard the doorbell ring

My mind automatically perked up when I heard the doorbell ring. I had been waiting patiently for Flora and James to get here since Flora was going to help me with my hair and make up. Plus, she was also bringing me an outfit to wear.

I sprinted downstairs to the door, wanting to get it before anyone else could. Then again, Clara and Kylie had the radio on loud enough in the kitchen that I would be surprised if they even heard it. And I couldn't imagine Caleb bothering to come and get it.

"Hey!" I said, opening the door to James and Flora and leading them inside. They both stood in awe at the house, like I did when I first saw it. "This place is huge," Flora said to me, admiring the huge interior of the mansion-like house.

I led Flora and James upstairs and into the room I was staying in. I didn't want to have to interact with Caleb until it came to actually leaving for the party.

However, that wasn't the case when I saw Caleb's long and muscular body sprawled out across my bed, looking like he had been there the whole time. He was reading something on his phone as he called out to my presence in the room.

"Is your friend and halfwit boyfriend here yet?" He asked, not realising that they were right behind me when we walked through the door. I coughed loudly as he turned and smirked to see the three of us.

"Thanks," James said sarcastically, sitting on the bed, but with a good distance between the two of them. After a long silence, Flora finally spoke up to avoid awkwardness.

As soon as possible, Flora began on my make up. I kept stealing glances at James and Caleb, but they had yet to rip each other's heads off with their natural hatred towards each other. They both stared intently at their phones as they waited for us to finish.

I straightened my hair shortly after Flora finished my make up, with Flora having done her hair earlier. I smiled at myself in the mirror, admiring the painted colours on my eyelids, which I could never master.

Flora finally finished and shoved James and Caleb into the next room for us to get changed. "They are very likely to kill each other, you do know that?" I asked Flora as she laughed.

"That's fine, as long as they don't get blood anywhere," she replied before throwing two dresses onto the bed. One was black and one was red, but they both had a similar style.

"Choose one," Flora said to me, admiring the beautiful dresses, "I prefer the red one, but it's your choice," she said quickly, signalling which dress she wanted to wear so I didn't have much choice in the matter.

"I'll wear the black one then," she jumped up and down as I laughed and picked up the dress. It was tight fitting and crossed over at the front, meaning that cleavage would have to be out, whether I liked it or not. "I knew you'd prefer this one." I pulled the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror.

Luckily, Flora and I were similar sizes, with her being slightly skinner, meaning that it was even tighter than I had initially thought. However, I couldn't deny that I liked how it looked. I slipped on some black heels she had brought with her, knowing that I would still probably look like a monkey on a tightrope trying to walk.