18) Meri Behna? Aur uska ex-boyfriend

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Main Hoon Na (title song)

Janvi's POV

'Chale?'

'Aa rahi hu baba, udd toh nahi sakti na!'

Mansi legit stopped walking and turned around, she pressed her hands on her waist and titled her head, giving me two-three murderous look at once.

I shook my head with a smile and caught up to her, 'Abh chale?'

'Tere speed se toh kal hi pauchenge hum.'

'So, I told you to get up at six in the morning? I'm not a morning person.' I knew my justifications weren't enough, 'We could have gone in the evening.'

We now walked side by side, although her walking was mostly jogging, and mine were my unnecessary dragging, 'I told you I wanted to see sunrise with the ghat and you told me you're not a night person either.'

Finally, what seemed like forever, we came across the priests, or rishi's prayers and ran towards the sound of it, running past so many people.

'I am not a night person either, I'm a middle of the day person.'

We rushed towards the river, which looked seemingly beautiful today, and as usual Mansi reached our favorite steps much before than I did as I stopped for breath.

'Kabhi toh first aaya kar yaar.'

Still panting, but walking towards her, I raised my voice, 'And miss that smile of your face? No chance.'

She giggled as we sat on the steps, she on a lower one and me a step above, 'I love how you actually lose but claim to be purposely losing.'

We shared a smile as I sat, facing the gushing river, looking at how the sky now had yellowish orange color overtaking than blue. The river was flowing less urgently today, yet causing a serene sound as we sat, waiting to listen and talk to our mothers.

Like I've said, I don't talk to our mothers out loud, maybe whispers in my mind but nothing else, I often try listening to what my Ganga Ma speaks, trying to understand its intricate language. Whereas, Mansi, often spoke out loud to our mothers, with the pendant and here, too.

Yet she didn't start with it somehow, and I understood it had been five long years since she's at the river Ganga. This was the place where had together immersed the ashes of our dead mothers. The last of their bodies, the last of their presence and the last of our memories with them, ended here.

'Mein apni mumma ko kahi nahi janey dungi!'

'Main bhi nahi,'

'Gudiya, aise nahi karte, chutki, idhar aao. Hum sabhi ko ye kalash ko Ganga ke pavitra paani mein daalna hai, taaki dono mumma hamesha kush rahe.'

'Haan mere bache, tum dono aagey se jab chaho, apni maa se milne yaha aa jaana, woh tum dono se yahi baat karengi.'

'Theek hai Bade papa, hum yahi aayenge. Hamesha. Hai na Mannu?'

'Haan, I promise.'

As the sun came up, and we sat in silence, I whispered a small prayer for my mothers peace and another to keep my sister happiest of the lot while she kept staring at the flowing river.

'Hey mom,' She finally spoke, her voice cracking, like she held in few of her tears, 'Hey massi.'

As she continued, I clutched the pendant on my neck as we watched the water grace us with blessings, 'I know, I'm coming after what, five years? Sorry, bas kuch problems the, aapki pehli beti ke saath, so abh jaake solve hue hai.'