XIII

ISABELLÁ

ISABELLÁ

MY EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, I glanced round the classroom noticing that it was light outside but everyone else was still asleep. T-Dog was sat by the door on watch. I continued to lay down, considering if I should have a bit more sleep like everyone else. This was the first time we'd actually been able to relax in months.

"You okay?" A sleepy voice whispered to me.
Holy shit.

This was the point where I realised that I had my head rested on Daryl's shoulder and his head was rested on top of mine.
What the fuck was happening?!

"Urm yeah" I said awkwardly sitting up.
His eyes went wide as he realised how we had been sleeping. I looked down with embarrassment.
He quickly stood up and went over to T-Dog.
Shitting hell.

Can't say that I was uncomfortable though.

•~•~•~•

"Lori has run out of her prenatal vitamins - I'm going to go on a run today to get some more" Rick said to the group as we sat together eating breakfast. I'm pretty sure it was midday so it was more lunch than breakfast but oh well.

"I'll go with ya" Daryl said nodding at Rick.
"Me too" I added.
Rick nodded at us both.

"Rick maybe you should stay, Lori needs you and after yesterday with Carl... we can take Glenn" I said quietly to Rick so only he would here.

Since Rick killed Shane, Rick and Lori haven't been getting on well and he's definitely been drifting from her. He needs to get back to a good place with her and he needs to protect her because I know if something happened he would blame himself.
He nodded. "Glenn, you wanna go on the run with Daryl and Bella today?" He asked.
"Sure" Glenn nodded.

"There's a Walmart just a few miles back. We haven't been there yet. I'm sure others have but hopefully there's something left" I said shrugging as me, Glenn and Daryl walked away from the school.
I carried my rucksack on my back with regular supplies in and resources in case we got stuck out here.
We walked the whole journey in near enough complete silence. There wasn't really much for us to talk about anymore. Nobody wanted to talk about the past, the people they have lost. And there wasn't really many current affairs to talk about.

"Do you think there's others out here?" Glenn said as I walked ahead.
I slowed down frowning at him.
"Other people?" He said.
"Not many. Maybe it's good we haven't seen many people" I said shrugging.

We continued to walk before Daryl said "is this the place?" He asked as we moved towards the parking lot.
I nodded.
I strolled through the car park taking big steps to get me there quicker. I walked ahead of Daryl and Glenn, they were talking about something, I'm not sure what but I heard my name get mentioned.
Probably nothing.