I loved you since 1780 ☆ Jody

Author : __shadesoftina__

Reviewer: nostalgic_type

Chapters:8

------------

Title:

The title of your book is very readable and it is not boring whatsoever. Your title of the book is what sparked my interest firstly and when I read it I was very much excited to go ahead and read the book. Your title of the book is actually like the shortest summary of your book is one sentence and it gives the readers an idea of what the book is about before reading your summary and I love that of the title.

The title of your book was what popped a lot of questions in my mind because I really thought that they were probably vampires since they live for hundreds of years, so that intrigued me most.

Summary:

When I read your summary of your book I immediately wanted to go ahead and read the entire book because it made me so curious to find out about Juliet and Romeo if they really are going to find out about each other and if Romeo will be able to make her understand that she was indeed the one from the 1780s, so that is really good because curiosity gains more readers.

Even though your summary is kept short it has the perfect amount of ideas to attract your reader's attention and you didn't actually need more than your amount of words to get readers attention. Most summaries take up the entire amount of word counts and I still don't find the book exciting or wanting to read that book but you managed to gain my attention in the summary as well as the title of the book.

There should be no changes in the summary in my opinion because it is really a good summary along with the amount of intensity you put into your summary and even though its a summary there is one heck of a cliffhanger in there.

Flow:

I love how you manage to get your reader to go with the flow from the beginning of the book and you did not manage to change the style of reading. You did an excellent job by creating a flow where I laugh at how Juliet has an immense amount of sass in her and she has that bossy attitude in her which makes her funny and loveable.

Your characters also play a huge role in this. I am glad that in this book you gave the characters a good background too and none of them turned out evil or depressed. Since the beginning of the book, the flow of your story was set to be filled with love and in this book, readers are not expecting for there to be any heartbreak because they are wanting this to be a beautiful love story.

You have portrayed the feelings of love and longing so well in this book.

Character development:

So, first of all, let's start with Romeo's character. At the beginning of the book you started off with Romeo and his side of the story and you spoke to us about the emotions he felt towards Juliet.

The way you described his feelings is truly impeccable because you make me imagine the way he is so smitten about her and that he truly loves her by the way you wrote in your book that he was too shy to even compliment her when she approached him and said something else. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Romeo's character because he is Spanish and that is what every girl likes if I stand correct and you made him sound like a really good man too so there should be no changes there.

Then there is Juliet. She is one hell of a sass queen and she definitely has a mouth like damn. She is so fun to be around with and I always imagine how Chloe must react whenever she tries to persuade Juliet otherwise but Juliet does not change her ways because it's her lifestyle and that is who she is. There should be no changes for her in this book because I love her just like this.

Overall everyone in this book has a very interesting personality and I noticed that in this book you have taken your time with building your characters and you put a good amount of effort into your characters traits. I love how you are making the main characters which are Juliet and Romeo stand out, and you not giving more of the limelight to the others which are good.

Tone:

The tone of your book is excellent. I love how you never changed the tone in your book because it is really good as it is which is cheerful and really intense because you know the book is really mature but I love how you never changed the tone.

Many writers change it so quickly that you think they are bipolar because they create their characters in a way that they are also bipolar, making them happy at one moment and then everything goes downhill and they are crying and depressed for some reason.

There is nothing wrong with the tone in this book because you set it off perfectly by writing a cheerful yet steamy book for your readers.

Overall enjoyment:

I enjoyed the chapters I read in this book so much that I am going to finish this book because you executed your characters really well and I am dying to find out if Romeo will win Juliet's heart and I just love how I never got confused while reading this book because that's what I am afraid of. You never got me confused while reading because you explain everything in such perfect detail that I am so impressed with this book.

I honestly really enjoyed this book and I am willing to rate this book an eight out of ten for great grammar included which is something I am very picky about, but overall really good book.

You definitely deserve a good read sticker!

And your customised quote is here!

Do PM us if you need the good quality of the stickers!

------

Here was your review!
Hope you found this helpful!

Good day! 🥂