78. TEN GALLEONS

| CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT |

TEN GALLEONS.

CASSIOPEIA COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED. Today was finally the day, she and Remus were going to tell Lily and James about Baby Lupin. So far, Sirius, Regulus and Lyall were the only people - apart from Remus, Cassiopeia, Molly and their midwife, of course - that knew and after they received a photograph of the sonogram, Cass felt more than excited about sharing the news with the rest of their friends. 

"It's so good to see you two!" Lily exclaimed, throwing her arms around Cass' neck as Remus and James greeted one another behind them. 

"It's great to see you two, as well," Cassiopeia grinned as the two females pulled away, "How are the wedding plans coming along?"

"Stressful," The redhead admitted, "But totally worth it."

"What about you two?" James asked, looking between Cass and Remus as he had his arm wrapped around the latter's shoulder, "How are you two getting along with your wedding plans?"

Cassiopeia and Remus shared a grin, "Actually, we're postponing it for a bit," Cass confessed.

"What? Why?" James questioned, looking between the couple.

"Is everything...okay with you two?" Lily asked, sharing a worried look with her own fiancé. Hoping that they didn't cross a line talking about weddings. 

"It couldn't be better," Remus beamed, his eyes sparkling with pure joy as they stayed glued to Cass.

"Actually, I've got something for you," Cassiopeia piped up, looking back at the redhead; who looked puzzled as she watched her friend reaching into her coat pocket, "Here," Cass said holding her closed fist out.

Lily glanced back at the two males before she reached her palm out, staring at ten Galleons that fell into her open palm, "What? Why did you just pay me--Oh!" Her face suddenly washed with realisation. Her bright green eyes widening, "You're--You're-- I was right?"

Cassiopeia nodded, letting out a quiet laugh, "You were right."

Lily squealed before throwing her arms around Cass again, bringing the black haired woman into her body, "I'm so happy for you two. How long?" She asked, pulling away and looking down at Cass' covered stomach. She was wearing an oversized coat that hid any signs of a bump from view. 

"About three and a half months."

"I am so confused," James' voice broke the two women from their conversation, pouting as he looked between the grinning trio. 

Cassiopeia smiled at the spectacled man, "I'm pregnant."

His eyes widened, "What?" He exclaimed, "How?"

Remus and Cass shared an amused look, "We're not gonna explain that part to you, Prongs," Remus grinned, clasping his hand onto James' shoulder, "Wait, does that mean I'm going to be a Godfather?" He asked, his head snapping from his best friend to the black haired woman, a look of pure excitement etched upon his face.

"If you still want to be," Cassiopeia shrugged, trying to fight off the grin that was threatening to break onto her face.

James' shriek was even louder than Lily's, "Of course!" Before anyone could even think of what he was going to do next, James had already pounced onto Remus causing the werewolf to stumble backwards as the two females gasped in shock before bursting out into laughter.

"I'm going to be a father!" James exclaimed, his voice wavering. The other three adults in the room shared a strange look, "What now?" Lily questioned, folding her arms as she bit her lip to stop herself from smiling.

James finally set Remus free, smiling sheepishly, "Godfather is practically father."

AN- Not really a fan of this chapter tbh, it kind of feels rushed but I promise that next chapter is a LOT better!